Attempting to move the root folder into a subfolder of the same root on ACD through Crypt trashes the root directory's name

I wanted to move the contents of my ACD crypt remote into a subfolder to clean up the root of my ACD remote, which is actually a subfolder within my ACD account (i.e. rclone’s root isn’t my ACD root). I used

rclone moveto CryptRemote:/ CryptRemote:/NewFolder/

This ran for quite a while, but it eventually failed with:

2017/03/30 18:03:43 ERROR : Encrypted amazon drive root ‘█████████/████████████████████’: Server side directory move failed: HTTP code 400: “400 Bad Request”: response body: “{“code”:“FOLDER_CANT_MOVE_TO_ITS_CHILD”,“logref”:“████████-████-████-████-████████████”,“message”:“Can’t move folder. Target parent ██████████████████████ is a child of current node ██████████████████████”,“info”:{“parentId”:“██████████████████████”}}”
2017/03/30 18:03:43 ERROR : Attempt 1/3 failed with 1 errors and: HTTP code 400: “400 Bad Request”: response body: “{“code”:“FOLDER_CANT_MOVE_TO_ITS_CHILD”,“logref”:“████████-████-████-████-████████████”,“message”:“Can’t move folder. Target parent ██████████████████████ is a child of current node ██████████████████████”,“info”:{“parentId”:“██████████████████████”}}”

After printing that error rclone hung for a while, so I ctrl+c killed it.

Ok, that’s an unsupported operation. So I then set up to move all my directories one by one into a new subfolder. To start this I tried an rclone ls CryptRemote:.

I was alarmed to discover that rclone could not find the root directory and the ls failed.

Inspecting the ACD GUI, I discovered that the root directory had been renamed in ACD to a crypt-ed name, and that was preventing the ACD remote from finding it. Fortunately, I remembered what the folder was supposed to be named and renaming it back to its proper name restored functionality to rclone.

It’s ok for this to fail as an unsupported operation (though it would be convenient if it worked), but it has to be a bug that it trashes the name of your remote root.

I’m running the release version of rclone v1.36

Sorry for the delay in responding. Can you report this as an issue on github please?

Thanks

Nick