Are there any robust backup scripts for Windows 10 loaded with features like email notifications, rich formatted logs, etc. so I don't have to re-create the wheel?

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I have been using rclone for years on my Linux server. I have a script I wrote that backed up data, logged in, and sent pretty HTML emails with status.

For complicated reasons, I am getting rid of my Linux server and moving everything to my daily driver Windows 10 machine.

I don't have time or patience to write a new script. I know I can use my old Linux script using WSL or something but I'm hoping for something more native to Windows.

I was looking at alternatives to rclone that are easier to use on Windows like GoodSync but, honestly, when I do research, everyone says they all have issues and rclone is the best (it is).

I don't want to re-create the wheel. I feel like this is a common problem that someone must have solved.

If not, I feel like there is a huge opportunity here for someone to wrap a pretty basic GUI around rclone for Windows. Something that'll let you create scheduled tasks with features like email notifications and what not.

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

N/A I don't have it installed yet

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Not sure yet. B2, S3 Glacier, etc. So far I've been using B2 for 2+ years.

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

N/A

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

N/A

A log from the command with the -vv flag

N/A

i had to create my own wheel, tho not using a gui.

if you want a gui, check out veeam agent for windows.
it is free, has a nice gui, scheduler, email, etc.

I checked out Veeam but it doesn't have all the features I want.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.