Anyone using cloud torrent script with rclone?

Hi,

I am planning to use a clone torrent script that automates downloading and then upload to my gdrive accounts.

Anyone use a system like that?

How can i do it?

Thanks

I'd assume you just run something is your 'completed' directory and you can use rclone move if you want to delete the files or rclone copy.

It should be a pretty simple setup from the rclone side.

Do you have more information on the client you are using / OS and your familiarity with writing the scripts?

Doesn't most good modern torrent clients do this natively without need for external scripts? (assuming you don't need to run it as a pure script on some headless device or something).

The important bit would be to make sure you use a local folder for incomplete files (as otherwise large incomplete files will move to and from the cloud many times which is horrendously slow and inefficient). I think most torrent clients can do this including Qbittorrent which I use now. When torrents complete they get moved to it's final location - meaning the transfer to the cloud is an uncomplicated single transfer. Just do this via a mount and it works fine (id use write caching for more protection against occasional errors in upload, but that's ultimately optional). You can seed from that too - at least if you have some form of chunked downloads enabled so it can fetch arbitrary segments somewhat efficiently.

If you need to automate the whole process then I know a lot of clients also support folders where you can just place torrents - and those get automatically picked up and started using default parameters/location.

Perhaps I misunderstood the use-case here. If so please clarify :slight_smile:

I have centOS but i don’t have any scripting ability :frowning:

In fact I would like to combine this cloud torrent script with rclone.

Is there anyone can add rclone function GUI to its interface?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.