Another Plex/Rclone issue

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I’ve got my gdrive mounted to an Ubuntu system which hosts my Plex server. I’ve got a 300mbps download speed. Playing a few test videos on Plex with an average bitrate of around 30mbps, it is stopping to buffer every few seconds.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Ubuntu 18.04.4

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone mount —allow-other —gid=1000 —uid=1000 —dir-cache-time 72h —fast-list —cache-chunk-path=/home/stefan/rclone-cache —cache-db-path=/home/stefan/rclone-cache —daemon Drive: ~/Drive

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone -vv mount --allow-other --gid=1000 --uid=1000 --dir-cache-time 72h --fast-list --cache-chunk-path=/home/stefan/rclone-cache --cache-db-path=/home/stefan/rclone-cache --daemon Drive: ~/Drive

2020/04/27 13:53:47 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.51.0" starting with parameters ["rclone" "-vv" "mount" "--allow-other" "--gid=1000" "--uid=1000" "--dir-cache-time" "72h" "--fast-list" "--cache-chunk-path=/home/stefan/rclone-cache" "--cache-db-path=/home/stefan/rclone-cache" "--daemon" "Drive:" "/home/stefan/Drive"]

2020/04/27 13:53:47 DEBUG : Using config file from "/home/stefan/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"

2020/04/27 13:53:47 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.51.0" finishing with parameters ["rclone" "-vv" "mount" "--allow-other" "--gid=1000" "--uid=1000" "--dir-cache-time" "72h" "--fast-list" "--cache-chunk-path=/home/stefan/rclone-cache" "--cache-db-path=/home/stefan/rclone-cache" "--daemon" "Drive:" "/home/stefan/Drive"]

I should point out linux is completely new to me, so I would imagine I’ve made just some really basic obvious error.

Can you share a debug log of the issue actually happening?

You can remove --fast-list as it does nothing on a mount.

Is there a reason you are using the cache backend? It's generally slower.

Honestly. I don’t really know what they all do. I just found another post with some settings on that I copied

I have some recommended settings based on my experience here:

I tend to update it when I find things or things change as it hasn't seen much change in months as things have been pretty static.

1 Like

That’s brilliant. Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.