Adding New Plex Library (GDrive) - How do I prevent a ban?

I’m creating a 2nd Plex Library on a new server using my existing Google Drive but my TV Shows folder has over 50k items in it (encrypted). I started the scan about 2 days ago and this morning started getting Error 403: The download quota for this file has been exceeded., downloadQuotaExceeded, so I assume I’ve hit the 24 hour ban.

How do I prevent the ban but still update the new library? I had a look at the mount options and using --tpslimit seems to be the solution. But how do I use it and what do I set it to to avoid the ban? This is my current mount command:

rclone --allow-non-empty --allow-other mount gcrypt: /mnt/gcrypt \
       --uid=1000 --gid=1000 \
       --size-only --dir-cache-time=2m \
       --vfs-read-chunk-size=96M --vfs-cache-max-age 675h --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit=1G \
       --buffer-size=48M --syslog --umask 002 --log-level INFO
  • I use plexguide (v1.44 and unionfs).
  • I use my own credentials, two separate sets of credentials (one set per server).
  • I started scanning the new library about 2 days ago. Errors started this morning at 2:43am GMT +1.

If you’ve solved this problem, please share your solution. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Have you turned off media thumbnail creation in the library settings?

That will cause major traffic for every file that is added to the library.

No I have not. OMW, could it be that? Actually, now that I think about it, the errors did only start once Plex started creating the metadata. I’ll turn it off and try again once the ban is lifted.

Is there anything I can do in the mean time as a workaround to the ban? My family have become sort of addicted to my PMS and are hounding me to get it back up again.

That could be it yes. I never had trouble with scanning my library.

About the workaround… I heard some people having success by creating a whole new OAuth token in the Google Drive console.

Thanks. I’ll try it and see if it works.

dir-cache time of 2 minutes is also awful resulting a ton of extra API hits.

You want that to be something much higher like 24hours or even more.

Make sure you are set more like this in scheduled tasks and ensure all thumbnail and chapter settings are off in the libraries.

Thanks for all the recommendations guys. So I made all the changes you recommended and restarted the scan last night. This morning I got hit with the ban again :confused:

Is there a way I can slow it down so that it doesn’t hit the quota? I don’t care how long it takes to create the new library, even if it takes a month or two, that’s OK.

EDIT: It seems the ban only last for about an hour after I stop the scan on the 2nd server.