ACD uploading very slowly

Evening all. I am using RClone and an encrypted drive to backup about 8TB of data to ACD. That’s been running fine, processing away at about 2-3Mbps for the past few days. That’s fine: I don’t expect it to copy any faster, and knew that the first upload would take a long time.

However, in the past day or so, it has slowed down. It is now running at about 30kbps. I have tried stopping the copy, leaving it turned off for a bit an restarting it, but it seems to have become locked at that speed. Any ideas? I am running from a UNRaid server with the following settings:

rclone copy --transfers 2 --bwlimit 30G --verbose

I am guessing that Amazon is throttling me, but any suggestions or other thoughts gratefully received.

remove bwlimit and add more transffers anc checkers, with around 35 to 50 Iam hitting the cap, but test even with 100 to see.

This is most recent where I was lucky getting high speed with only 2 transfers

2017/05/01 11:12:05 INFO :
Transferred: 8.352 GBytes (70.687 MBytes/s)
Errors: 0
Checks: 0
Transferred: 0
Elapsed time: 2m0.9s
Transferring:

• … Vegas (1995)/Leaving Las Vegas (1995).mkv: 51% done, 44.799 MBytes/s, ETA: 1m36s
  • …/Candyman Farewell to the Flesh (1995).mkv: 51% done, 42.024 MBytes/s, ETA: 1m30s

Thanks for the tips. Am trying with more transfers now and now bwlimit. What do you mean by checkers?

the command checkers, for example:

–checkers 5

Thanks. I added that, but it is still running v. slow. Current options are;

– transfers 8 --checkers 10

But it is still running slow, at 5.261 kBytes/s. Ugh.

Should I just assume that ACD is throttling me, or any other suggestions?

Are you sending the data from your home PC to ACD? If so try with their amazon app to see if you get better speeds.

I am sending from an Unraid server using an Rclone crypt remote. So, I can’t really upload it through their app.

I am also guessing that Amazon has a way to detect this, and throttle the speed down to make it as useless as possible for this purpose.

I don’t see why they would throttle because of that. If you can mount the drive maybe you can try the app.