ACD BAN/Alternatives discussion (error HTTP code 429)

Try fusermount -uz /home/xxx/plex2/.gdrive

as it may already be mounted, you should be able to check with the mount command

1 Like

thanks that did it ; )

could you link/provide a detailed guide on how you did this? Ripping my hair out trying to figure out how to transfer my ACD encrypted files to a new GDrive account!

in parts in this topic, like these:

script from Philip_Konighofer

help to have a bigger disc on GCP as 2TB (if you have ordered only one disc, and not 1 for the system, and for the data)

1 Like

yes EVERYTHING you need to know is in this thread somewhere… thanks to all the help people have me : )

everything worked perfectly… transferring 30tbs to gsuite vm to gdrive : )

but i have run into some problems with the mount/use of the gdrive…

afraid to incur a 24hour api ban… i installed and used plexdrive instead of rclone for the mount…

but it was extremely flaky… would work for a time… then unmount… work for a time then large files would crap out after 5 seconds : (

went to a straight rclone mount and everything orks PERFECTLY… even faster than ACD in my experience…

for now my plan is to only mount with plex drive every few days for an hour or two and do the library updates… but stick with the rclone mount for actual use…

maybe there are some tweaks i could do to the plexdrive mount commands above… but for now i’m givin up on plexdrive : (

1 Like

I decided to make a massive looking for cheap SFTP vps and found interesiting material:

http://scoulondre.github.io/my-own-cloud.html
http://echofs.com/s/faq.html

Now i planning to estimate cost of storing there 2TB of the file storage from ACD…
I guess echofs will be expensive too.

I’m considering moving to Google Suite because of Amazon’s ban. Are people who already did that happy with Google? How is the performance? Anything else to consider?

Thanks
Alen

I am really happy with google, the up and down speed is quite excellent, even better than acd and that’s the reason i created a google suite account some time before amazon banned rclone and had the chance to put a second copy of all my stuff on gdrive.
If you are interested I am trying to reach 5 users on my account, so that I am sure that amazon will keep “unlimited” storage space. Each account is 8€/month, if everyone pays its share we should be safe and sound.
If interested send me a PM.

so finally i’m done moving 40tb from acd to google.
since i’m working at a schoolm it was easy to create a full free gsuite account.

i used the original acd software on a windows gbit vps to download and rclone to upload it right back to gdrive.
download speed with original windows acd software was arround 400 to 800mbit.

finally i used the brilliant “robocopy” which is included in windows to check if all files were transfered.
this is needed cause of file and datapath length.

at least i’m very glad amazon did it that way.
acd never worked as good as gdrive. no more stuttering when streaming 4k media… even fullhd was sometimes lagging. (i’m on a gbit connection so its not my fault :wink: )
even the speed problems (if you download several files at the same time you will notice, the speed of each file is very different) are gone.

so google is at least every time the better choice if you use it for streaming your media.

edit: i use the phrase “at least” really to much :smiley:

hey dude,

hows going on with you collection of users for gsuite?
registered a account on my own domain and i’m afraid of the same situation.

at the moment nobody contacted me, i think it would be wise to have multi users domain and ech member could use its encryption keys/methods

@echo10 lern to use the internet.
in this case it means…use google translate
and if you arent living in asia, dont be so dumb to buy a asian cloud…well…if you dont want do look hd movies…you’re fine :wink:

of cause that would be wise…
even google enforces restrictions…thats the way to go,
get a legit company , add users to that and take 8€ or 10$ from them

but you can be sure … by european law, the cant delete your data even if the restriction may be “misconfigured”

Google translate is not enough. I asked for help from native speakers.
I guess this site only for torrent downloading but i am not sure.

be sure…that wont end good for you. forget it dude.

sorry delteted it cause false alarm

I am suggesting to try “Long Path Tool” program.

I have been trying to move my ACD data to my Google Drive and OneDrive accounts, using oauth2 server, with no success. Now I gave up and decided to download everything from acd and then use rclone to upload them to the appropriate places.

I followed ncw's advice and successfully created a running oauth2 server, but simply cannot make rclone connect to acd.

It is a real shame that acd does not provide a complete file listing of what I have, so it is hard to plan my action.

If you look at this post you’ll find a work-around: Proxy for Amazon Cloud Drive

I’m going to close this thread now as it is very long - please open a new one if you’d like to discuss more.