ACD BAN/Alternatives discussion (error HTTP code 429)

I called Amazon a few hours ago just so they had another customer on record. They said that the devs had just come in (6 am Pacific Time) and that they’d get it taken care of in a few hours. It has been a few hours now. I found out that I still have access to my GSuite account from when I was in college so I’ll be syncing it over as soon as possible.

2 Likes

It does sound promising though :slight_smile:

Yes i know, but only way to fast migrate data is to use my VPS. I don’t have enought space to download my data and re upload it on G. I will wait

You can copy directly from remote1 to remote2. You really only need enough space for each file being transferred simultaneously.

how do you guys mount Expandrive with rclone?

I just called amazon support and the representative stated they had over 100 tickets reporting the issue with “429 Too Many Requests” starting as early as yesterday 4/19/17 1:00PM EST.

The representative gave me the Ticket# 0110620757 to provide reference if I wanted to call up and ask for a status update but at this time the issue in their system is marked as “Known Issue”. This “known issue” status does not have a SLA for completion. But at the very least amazon dev team knows about the issue.

*edit this is for ACD US-East

1 Like

So I have talked to Amazon Europe and the IT says that for Amazon Europe no problems are known … Supposedly now examine the APIs
xD

1 Like

I have the same problem, from the UK. Been backing up from my Synology NAS for months and then last night it failed.
I can’t even create a new backup task now - even that fails. It starts, but fails after a couple of minutes.

So the problem seems to affect Europe too…

Using EU_West servers - also 429 from the last night.

Amazon EU Servers…Same issue here! I Hope there will be fix this soon

make sure you all file a complain with amazon
the more ppl complain the faster it gets fixed

2 Likes

Glad I have a google backup to run against. At least this taught lots of people that they should have at least two providers in case.

1 Like

can it be? :slight_smile: it seems to be working again …

mounts are back , no 429…

Yep same here, but seems slow as hell though. I’m trying to copy to GDrive and it’s maxing out at 25MB/s or so. I’ve got a lot of bandwidth left.

I’m seeing the same thing! We seem to be back in business…

Yes ACD goes online. Login works.
But only ~11-25 MBit/s transfer from normal 450 MBit/s
(EU West)

it is working abit, not well. thats because its slow.

2017/04/19 21:45:42 DEBUG : pacer: Rate limited, sleeping for 287.113937ms (1 consecutive low level retries)
2017/04/19 21:45:42 DEBUG : pacer: low level retry 1/3 (error HTTP code 429: “429 Too Many Requests”: response
body: “{“message”:“Rate exceeded”}”)
2017/04/19 21:45:42 DEBUG : pacer: Resetting sleep to minimum 20ms on success
2017/04/19 21:45:43 DEBUG : pacer: Rate limited, sleeping for 549.16732ms (1 consecutive low level retries)
2017/04/19 21:45:43 DEBUG : pacer: low level retry 1/3 (error HTTP code 429: “429 Too Many Requests”: response body: “{“message”:“Rate exceeded”}”)
2017/04/19 21:45:43 DEBUG : pacer: Resetting sleep to minimum 20ms on success
2017/04/19 21:45:43 INFO : Encrypted amazon drive root ‘acdcrypt’: Modify window not supported
2017/04/19 21:45:43 DEBUG : Encrypted amazon drive root ‘acdcrypt’: Mounting on “/mnt/acdcrypt_amazon”
2017/04/19 21:45:43 DEBUG : Encrypted amazon drive root ‘acdcrypt’: Root()

(This is my first post on this forum)

I’m experiencing the same problems too, based in the UK. Not sure which server I’m uploading to.

Just noticed the most recent posts in the last few minutes are people seeing this service starting to work again. Fingers crossed.

2.64 MB uploaded in 5 Minutes, hell yeah.

Hell yeah uploads are running again…

Transferred: 9.677 GBytes (41.060 MBytes/s)
Errors: 0
Checks: 0
Transferred: 0
Elapsed time: 4m1.3s

1 Like