Accessing other users' onedrive, within the org as an admin, similar to Google Drive --impersonate command

Hey, using rclone for google drive you can use the impersonate command to directly connect into a user's google drive and place contents in there without having to go through/communicate with the user. I am a system admin and I am tasked with the same task except within Microsoft Sharepoint/Onedrive.

Is there a way to connect to a user's onedrive, similar to how impersonate works in rclone with google or is this not possible at the moment.

For google, a service account was needed and a few extra configurations which gave rclone the capabilities to connect via the impersonate command.

For Microsoft Onedrive, I'm only able to find information for Sharepoint, and the only way i can connect with a user is using their credentials at the moment of token generation. I was hoping to continue using the admin account and getting access via rclone to place the items needed into each user without having to obtain credentials.

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Connecting to another user's onedrive without having to log in as that user in rclone.

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclonne v1.55.0
os/type:windows
os/arch: amd64
go/version: go1.16.2
go/linking: dynamic
go/tags:cmount

Are you on the latest version of rclone? You can validate by checking the version listed here: Rclone downloads
-->NO

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Sharepoint/Onedrive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

No specific command being ran, just trying to connect it to the onedrive in quesiton.

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

My configs look like this
\
[tester]
type = onedrive
region = global
token =
drive_id =
drive_type = documentLibrary
\\

hello and welcome to the forum,

as i understand it, rclone cannot impersonate with onedrive.
https://github.com/rclone/rclone/issues/5610

Gotchu, I appreciate the help. Thank you for clearing it up!

sure,

not sure you use-case but sharepoint can be accessed over webdav.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.