Access rclone-crypt folder on Windows? best practices?

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I backup important stuff from my server to OneDrive with rclone-crypt. Should my server fail, I want to be able to retrieve specific files from that encrypted OneDrive folder, but on Windows (typically, server conf and backups that will help me troubleshoot/fix server problems themselves).

How can I do it? I read through many threads and similar questions but not 100% quite like mine. If I missed any, please do point me to the right direction. I would love to learn from past experiences.

Some things I read that might work, though? Rclone browser, nssm?

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.59.0

• os/version: slackware 14.2+ (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 5.10.28-Unraid (x86_64)
  • os/type: linux
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.18.3
  • go/linking: static
  • go/tags: none

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

OneDrive (encrypted folder, so everything I see from the Windows side w/o rclone is random names :smile: )

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

So my crypt-rclone routine is working fine, I need to learn how to use it backwards i.e. to unencrypt stuff from OneDrive locally on Windows

A log from the command with the -vv flag

hi,

--- rclone copy
--- rclone mount
--- rclone browser

Yes, thanks. I should add to my original post, is there any way I can mount but not necessarily download everything in it, but only what I need? Kinda like browsing and picking what I need instead of download all to unencrypt.

edit:

I already do this through unraid with the script below, smb, so I can browse all my encrypted content from OneDrive in a readable way through Windows. But if my server fails, I lose it. So I need to replicate this in Windows, somehow!

[onedrive]
      path = /mnt/disks/crypt-onedrive
      comment =
      browseable = no
      public = no
      valid users = timmyx, root
      write list = timmyx, root
      writeable = yes
      vfs objects =

nothing gets downloaded, unless you choose to copy it from the mountpoint.

1 Like

Thanks! I got it working and successfully mounted as a network drive with this .cmd idea from another post:

c:\rclone\rclone mount --vfs-cache-mode full --max-read-ahead 1024k crypt-onedrive: Y: --network-mode --log-level=DEBUG --log-file=c:\rclone\rclone.log --no-console --rc

But I can't seem to be able to unmount it with these instructions, I'm getting this error:

C:\rclone>rclone rc core/quit
2022/07/27 21:34:04 Failed to rc: connection failed: Post "http://localhost:5572/core/quit": dial tcp [::1]:5572: connectex: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

for the mount command try hardcoding the ip address,
--rc-addr=127.0.01:5552

same thing ;\

code
c:\rclone\rclone mount --vfs-cache-mode full --max-read-ahead 1024k crypt-onedrive: Y: --network-mode --log-level=DEBUG --log-file=c:\rclone\rclone.log --no-console --rc-addr=127.0.0.1:5572 (tried also :5552)

error

c:\rclone>rclone rc core/quit
2022/07/27 22:25:44 Failed to rc: connection failed: Post "http://localhost:5572/core/quit": dial tcp [::1]:5572: connectex: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

I never ever used rc but my understanding is, that you have to use the parameter

--rc

in addition to --rc-addr=.... to get it working

please post the output of

netstat -n -p tcp

hi,
if you want run rclone rc core/quit,
then the mount command requires --rc

perhaps my suggestion was not clear,
trying adding --rc-addr=127.0.0.1:5572 the the mount command and test.

thanks
well, it's not working... any chance I can "disconnect" the drive another way?

cmd file
c:\rclone\rclone mount --vfs-cache-mode full --max-read-ahead 1024k crypt-onedrive: Z: --volname \\onedrive --log-level=DEBUG --log-file=c:\rclone\rclone.log --no-console --rc-addr=127.0.0.1:5572

Capture

cmd command rclone rc core/quit

C:\rclone>rclone rc core/quit
2022/07/29 11:51:43 Failed to rc: connection failed: Post "http://localhost:5572/core/quit": dial tcp [::1]:5572: connectex: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

the command needs both --rc AND --rc-addr

kill it with task manager or use a tool like pskill

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.