When I sync with a webdav server (called Stack) I see errors like "Derek & The Dominos - Layla And Other Assorted Love Songs (40th Anniversary Deluxe 2011)/12 - It's Too Late.mp3: Failed to copy: Method Not Allowed: 405 Method Not Allowed". When I sync the same file with another server, webdav on Google Drive, there are no errors.
I can not find a clear description on what error 405 is. When I remove special characters in the file-path, like ( & the file does sync with Stack.
I have asked help from Stack (company TransIP) what their rules are on pathlenght and special characters. The reply is fuzzy: only space, minus and underscore are allowed. No answer on pathlenght.
But: the files are encrypted before they are uploaded, so Do these special characters (un-encrypted) even matter?
This is on OSX with rclone 1.48 and also on Linux Mint with rclone 1.45.
2019/08/11 12:14:45 DEBUG : tunebite/Fine Arts Quartet/Four American quartets/11 - Kwartet voor violen , altviool en cello nr.3, 1948 deel IV.mp3: Unchanged skipping
2019/08/11 12:20:54 ERROR : tunebite/Fine Arts Quartet/Four American quartets/07 - Kwartet voor violen , altviool en cello nr.2, 1983, _Company_ deel IV.mp3: Failed to copy: Method Not Allowed: 405 Method Not Allowed
2019/08/11 12:20:54 ERROR : Encrypted drive 'StackCrypt:MacAudio': not deleting files as there were IO errors
2019/08/11 12:20:54 ERROR : Encrypted drive 'StackCrypt:MacAudio': not deleting directories as there were IO errors
2019/08/11 12:20:54 ERROR : Attempt 1/3 failed with 311 errors and: Method Not Allowed: 405 Method Not Allowed
remark: before and after Company are underscores as in 'Company' but it seems to be filtered out by your Forum software?!? (I see the underscores when I edit my text)
Can you try with -vv --dump responses What I'd like to see is the HTTP request which causes the error and the response with the full error message in it. (You can see which was the HTTP request because it will have an identical hex number to the HTTP response).
This will be print quite a lot of stuff!
It sounds like you aren't encrypting the file names - is that correct?
Do rclone config show remote to find out.
I edited your post to put the text in ```triple backquotes``` which is the best way of putting logs up.
I suspect that is the problem then - the file name is too long after encryption
I realise that I misinterpreted the previous log - there are 405 errors for MKCOL but rclone was dealing with them. The 405 errors that get returned to the user are those for PUT requests of these encrypted file names
2019/08/12 20:33:16 EME operates on 1 to 128 block-cipher blocks, you passed 513
2019/08/12 20:33:16 EME operates on 1 to 128 block-cipher blocks, you passed 257
2019/08/12 20:33:16 EME operates on 1 to 128 block-cipher blocks, you passed 129
maxFileLength = 79
Strange, because in the files that did sync OK unencrypted filename lengths of 189 characters, and path+filename lengths of 266 occur.
Thanks, yes, I will contact Stack / TransIP. And I will also contact other Stack users, there is a Dutch site, Tweakers.net, with a forum on Stack with members using rclone. I will report results in this topic / forum.