403 Plex Wont play old movies

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

problem i am having is that plex will not play any of my old media and it will only play recently added media just fine. i keep getting the "Error 403: The download quota for this file has been exceeded". @animosity022 Do you know how to prevent this from happening in plex scan settings?

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

version: 1.53.3

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Unraid

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

GDrive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Paste command here

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

Paste config here

A log from the command with the -vv flag

Paste  log here

hello and welcome to the forum,

can you post all the requested information?

i thought i did what am i missing so i can add it?

take a look at your first post, info is asked for and not provided.

make sure you have done this
https://rclone.org/drive/#making-your-own-client-id

which vfs cache mode?

i keep getting this when i play any media thats not recently added on plex

#!/bin/bash

echo "Unmounting"
fusermount -u -z /mnt/disks/PlexUnion
umount -l /mnt/disks/PlexUnion
sleep 2

echo "Mounting PlexUnion"
mkdir /mnt/disks/PlexUnion

rclone mount PlexUnion: /mnt/disks/PlexUnion
--vfs-cache-mode writes
--vfs-cache-max-size 1G
--vfs-cache-max-age 1h
--cache-dir /mnt/user/rclonecache
--dir-cache-time 30s
--vfs-cache-poll-interval 10s
--allow-other
--poll-interval 30s
--file-perms 0777

my upload script: #!/bin/bash

#PlexAutoUpload script
#Moves files from /mnt/user/PlexAutoUpload to the (new) Gdrive location

#Lock the file so only one of these scripts can run at once.
#lockfile -r 0 /tmp/uploadscript.lock || exit 1

##loop until we detect files in the upload folder, then perform rclone upload command and exit
while true
do
if [ -z "$(ls -A /mnt/user/PlexAutoUpload)" ]; then
echo "Empty - no files to upload. Checking again later." && sleep 900
else
echo "Files found. Starting upload." && rclone move /mnt/user/PlexAutoUpload PlexUnionUpload: --min-age 30m --order-by size,mixed,50 --delete-empty-src-dirs -v --bwlimit 2M
fi
done

#sleep 900 => retry every 15 minutes if the folder was empty
#feel free to adjust this as needed

--bwlimit 2M means a limit of 2MB/sec (or 2.5 * 8 = 16Mbit/sec)

Feel free to adjust this as needed

i do not know why only recently added media can be played.

unless you made some change to the rclone command or config

one change that might help is
https://rclone.org/commands/rclone_mount/#vfs-cache-mode-full

perhaps use these settings
https://github.com/animosity22/homescripts/blob/master/systemd/rclone.service

I've been helping Shed a bit with his setup (unrelated to this issue). There should be no basic configuration issues here I think because I've looked over it myself and helped with some of the setup.
Let me narrow down the problem here to it's essence:

He is seeing a lot of "Error 403: The download quota for this file has been exceeded" errors - or rather I identified this was the issue on the files that were having issues after the fact. This should mean that something is repeatedly accessing the same file a lot in a relatively short amount of time to trigger the "anti-mass-distribution" lockout that google drives has. The drive/files are not shared - so it's being triggered by something on his server via rclone. Let me be precise and say that spesific files see this issue, although somewhat randomly, and a lot of them. It's not an account/user related thing.

Usually when I see this problem it means Plex is acting up with it's scanning (and Shed is indeed using Plex). Unfortunately I'm not really an expert on Plex (I don't use it myself), so I wanted to check if any forum regulars with more Plex experience can give us some more spesific information about what Plex settings are known to work well via rclone (to gdrive). Without that I can only kind of guess...

Also - hello, and sorry for staying out of touch for so long :slight_smile: Hoping to get back into things eventually.

it must be --magic, i summoned you via private message and now you appear!

Plex like rclone doesn't really "act up" and there are very few settings to change in Plex as the majority of the defaults are fine. A scan in Plex of added media just takes a minute or two in most situation as it's just reading the file size / modtime and validating what it has in the database for that file so usually super fast.

I had already shared some gotcha Plex settings with him via a PM so he already has all the information I would think as turning certain things on in Plex would trigger a full file read but that's a one time thing as well and not constant.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.