Windows - S3 (Minio) Mounting Issue

Hello,

I want to mount S3 (Minio) endpoint under Windows.
Everything works well when using different software to access / mount the endpoint - I can browse it without any issues, create new dirs, copy files, etc.
When mounting with RClone, I can see what’s in a bucket, but when I want to open directory, create new one or basically do any modifications, I receive below errors.

PS C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\rclone> .\rclone.exe mount Minio:bucket_name X: --no-check-certificate
The service rclone has been started.
2019/03/21 15:28:55 ERROR : New Text Document.txt: Failed to copy: s3 upload: 401 Unauthorized: Access Denied
2019/03/21 15:28:55 ERROR : New Text Document.txt: WriteFileHandle.New Rcat failed: s3 upload: 401 Unauthorized: Access Denied
2019/03/21 15:28:55 ERROR : New Text Document.txt: WriteFileHandle.Release error: s3 upload: 401 Unauthorized: Access Denied
2019/03/21 15:28:55 ERROR : IO error: s3 upload: 401 Unauthorized: Access Denied
2019/03/21 15:28:55 ERROR : IO error: can’t open file - writer failed
2019/03/21 15:28:56 ERROR : IO error: can’t open file - writer failed

This doesn’t make any sense - it works well with Minio Client and Mountain Duck, so it doesn’t seem to be a matter of permissions. My guess is RClone accesses the endpoint differently.
Here’s my config file (I removed my keys and endpoint, but I’m sure all of it is correct):

[Minio]
type = s3
provider = Minio
env_auth = false
access_key_id = SCRAPPED
secret_access_key = SCRAPPED
endpoint = SCRAPPED

I would appreciate any help.
Thanks!

What version of rclone are you using?

Rclone runs against minio in its integration tests daily so I beleive rclone should be 100% compatible with minio.

Try with the latest beta - that might help.

The lastest and I also tried with the latest beta.
I thought so too, but apparently it doesn’t…

Try using --s3-upload-cutoff 0 does that help?

I just tried it. After using --s3-upload-cutoff 0 I managed to create file inside a bucket, but couldn’t open it (IO read error). The good thing is that I received below output and after adding --vfs-cache-mode writes, everything started to work!

PS C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\rclone> .\rclone.exe mount Minio:bucket_name X: --s3-upload-cutoff 0 --no-check-certificate
The service rclone has been started.
2019/03/22 09:47:48 ERROR : IO error: InvalidRange: The requested range is not satisfiable status code: 416, request id: 158E3EE3A8942B1F, host id:
2019/03/22 09:47:55 ERROR : test.txt: WriteFileHandle: Can’t open for write without O_TRUNC on existing file without --vfs-cache-mode >= writes
The service rclone has been stopped.

Thanks so much for your help @ncw!

Ok, actually it’s still not fine… I receive IO read errors randomly now.
Sometimes I can create a file, modify existing ones, etc, and sometimes it’s throwing errors.
I assume it’s a matter of some caching parameters.
Any ideas?

Can you upgrade the version of minio? I’ve tested latest rclone with latest minio and they work perfectly together?

I figured out it was actually due to incorrect timezone.
Now I have different issue, but I think I’ll create new thread.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.