Why isn't this --bwlimit timetable working for me?

Hi guys,

I’ve been using rclone for a few months now doing a very large online back-up. I normally turn it off over the weekend to let over things upload at full speed for a while.

Anyway, I’m unexpectedly away from home for the next few months. I wasn’t able to set up rclone before I left, so I emailed the following commend and got my sister to paste it into the terminal for me.

rclone copy /mnt/VDrive/Files GSuite_Crypt:Files --bwlimit “Fri-18:00,108 Mon-14:00,off” && rclone copy /mnt/V2Drive/Files GSuite_Crypt:Files --bwlimit “Fri-18:00,108 Mon-14:00,off”

However she got the following error:

Error: invalid argument “Fri-18:00,108 Mon-14:00,off” for “–bwlimit” flag: invalid time specification (hh:mm): “Fri-18:00”

Not being home (and not having remote SSH set up), I’m finding this hard to troubleshoot. I just can’t see what’s wrong with “Fri-18:00”.

Can anyone tell me where I’ve messed up?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

I would guess that the version of rclone installed is too old to understand bwlimit with days in. That was introduced in v1.43. If I try your command it works fine with 1.43 and 1.44 but fails with 1.42.

You’re right. Thank you! When I’m home I do system updates most days, so I was forgetting that that hasn’t been happening while I’ve been away.

Everything’s now working as expected. :slight_smile:

1 Like