Which is more reliable for rClone - Google Drive or One Drive for Biz?

Hi Theprez,

I use both and they both work well and somewhat similar - each with their issues (In my use case!)

I don’t think the OneDrive throttling is a major issue as long as you keep --transfers and --checkers at defaults (and perhaps lower them a bit for jobs running more than a couple of hours).

Google Drive have other limits, such as a maximum upload per day - which also hit the forum frequently.

The important thing to understand about both OneDrive and GoogleDrive is that they are priced per size only and therefore both come with limitations to the speed and number of requests you can do within an hour/day (that is fair usage limitations that are enforced by some kind of rate limiting or throttling).

If you want unlimited speed and up/download capacity, then you typically get to pay per request (one way or the other).

The improvements I am testing are basically improving/fixing the back-off when a cloud storage signals that a user has been running with too many rclone sessions, --transfers or --checkers for too long. So currently the trick is just to always stay under throttling limits.

Some important things to also consider when selecting storage provider:

• Total size of backup
  • Total number of folders
  • Total number of files
  • Changes to be uploaded per day (number of files and their typical size)
  • Need for versioning/snapshots/malware protection etc.