Which create policy for Google Drive union

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Quite inexperienced with Rclone. Mounting a union of 10 Google Drive accounts in Win10.

My goal is to have a G: drive with 10 x 15GB = 150GB space for backups and some space for off-loading bigger media files from my local hard disk. I'm using Duplicati for backups and these are around 50GB.

Reading the docs in Union, I'm not sure I understand the Behavior/Policies section and specifically the create policy. From what I've read, Rclone cannot determine available free space in a Google Drive account. So how does it distribute uploaded files in a 10 account union then? How does Rclone now where there are free space available in a ten account Google Drive union?

It's my understanding that this is somewhat controlled by the create policy. The default value "epmfs" can't be used as rclone cannot determine free space. Which policy do I use to best support my use case?

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.56.2

• os/version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 2009 (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 10.0.19042.1288 (x86_64)
  • os/type: windows
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.16.8
  • go/linking: dynamic
  • go/tags: cmount

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone.exe mount Gdisk: G: --config C:\U\r\ts\ar\er\Rclone\rclone.conf --log-level INFO --log-file C:\U\r\ts\ar\er\Rclone\rclone_log --use-json-log --vfs-cache-mode off --cache-dir C:\temp --disable About

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[Disk1]
type = drive
client_id = xxx.apps.googleusercontent.com
client_secret = xxx
scope = drive
token = {"access_token":"xxx","token_type":"Bearer","refresh_token":"xxx","expiry":"2021-10-01T11:14:50.7896115+02:00"}
team_drive = 

[Disk2]
Same as Disk1 except token

[Disk3]

[Disk4]

[Disk5]

[Disk6]

[Disk7]

[Disk8]

[Disk9]

[Disk10]

[DiskG]
type = union
upstreams = Disk1: Disk2: Disk3: Disk4: Disk5: Disk6: Disk7: Disk8: Disk9: Disk10:
action_policy = all
create_policy = ???

Hi Boboz,

Here is a simple and good solution:

Buy more Google storage

that will avoid bringing you and rclone in violation of the Google Terms of Service.

I'm new to Rclone and have spent days learning and could possibly contribute back one day. I can assure you I have no intention of violating anything.

Still eager to learn and understand Rclone and the create policy.

Good!

Why do you want to make a union of small Google Drives when it is much simpler to use a single large Drive?

How do you pay Google for the extra storage above the first free 15 GB?
(that is the remaining 9 x 15GB = 135GB)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.