When encryption was enabled, the synchronisation time was significantly increased

A complete log with -vv of a small subfolder would be useful

Unfortunately, even if the file and directory names are set to not be encrypted, the synchronization will still not take place. Again, the scanning speed gradually slows down during the synchronization.

Testing on a smaller sample will not reveal anything, it will always pass.

In weird way I like this result. It means we can't sweepp it under the carpet and at the end something will be improved/fixed

Tomorrow I'll revert the settings back without encryption and verify that the sync is working as before.

Problem solved. After reverting the synchronization back to the version without encryption, to my surprise the situation repeated.

So the only possible problem could be in the target storage on the local Synology NAS server. After a long search, I found that it was repeatedly triggering snapshots on the folder I was synchronizing to. At that point the disk in the RAID array totally died because they didn't know what to do before. I shifted the snapshot creation time of the folder by +12 hours versus the time when the sync is done from the S3 storage. Now the scan (without data transfer) runs through all approx 280000 files in 14 minutes, even when file and directory names are encrypted.

My apologies to all, the problem was not in Rclone.

Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing. It happens to all of us. Always something to learn.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.