What is the procedure for adding a second mount?

So I have a perfectly working encrypted mount that I have my media stored in, however I would like to attach a second mount and I’m wondering on the best way to go about this?

The script for my encrypted mount is as follows;

[Unit]
Description=RClone Service

[Service]
Type=notify
Environment=RCLONE_CONFIG=//home/craftyclown/.config/rclone/rclone.conf
ExecStart=/usr/bin/rclone mount "RichFlixCrypt:/Encrypted/" /home/craftyclown/Skull \
   --allow-other \
   --bind IP-ADDRESS \
   --buffer-size 256M \
   --dir-cache-time 72h \
   --drive-chunk-size 32M \
   --log-level INFO \
   --log-file /home/craftyclown/logs/rclone.log \
   --umask 002 \
   --vfs-read-chunk-size 128M \
   --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit off \
   --rc
ExecStop=/bin/fusermount -uz /home/craftyclown/Skull
Restart=on-failure
User=craftyclown
Group=craftyclown

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

I tried adding a similar script for a second mount, however the service does not start and I get the following error in the logs;

2019/01/01 23:57:34 Failed to start remote control: start server failed: listen tcp 127.0.0.1:5572: bind: address already in use

Is this something to do with the first mount being bound to the IP address?
Does this prevent the second mount and if so is the bind even necessary?

If you aren’t using the rc features, just take that line out or you’d need to make it a different port.

--rc-addr=IP
IPaddress:Port or :Port to bind server to. (default “localhost:5572”)

So make it 5573 or something.

Thanks, I was actually using the script you suggested last time. I’m sure you recognise it :smiley:

So I don’t actually know what the purpose of -rc is. Does it make sense to just remove that from both scripts?

Yes, if you aren’t using it, you can remove it.

It’s for remote control features.

It’s working perfectly now. Thanks again.

I’m pretty much set up now, but I do have a slightly off topic question for you; Is there a certain level of security I should be considering for my VPS? I’ve removed root login and changed the SSH port, but that’s pretty much it so far.

That’s quite a bigger question, but in general, if you stopped the root login and use a complex password for the system, you should be pretty good.

I use a firewall so I only allow traffic to my box that’s very specific as otherwise, you’d want to turn off any service / application that you aren’t using.

Cool, thanks. With your firewall have you set it to only accept connections from the IP addresses of your friends and family? If you share your Plex libraries that is?

I just have Plex open as I ‘trust’ the Plex authentication to work properly and I log people that play stuff so I can always go back and see who does what.

Ah yes of course, that makes sense. Did you use UFW or something a little better? I was looking at CSF.

Well for my home network, I use an OPNSense firewall, which is similar to PFSense.

https://opnsense.org/