What is the log line I need to look for to show that a file uploaded successfully to s3?

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

If I log to file with --log-file=mylogfile.txt --log-level DEBUG, what is the line that tells me that file 'foo' has been successfully uploaded to s3 remote? What about downloaded from s3 remote?

Strategically, if I want to monitor rclone in realtime on Windoze, does it make more sense to log to o file or to console? Is there massive overhead if I do both?

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.65.1

• os/version: Microsoft Windows 11 Enterprise 22H2 (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 10.0.22621.3007 (x86_64)
  • os/type: windows
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.21.5
  • go/linking: static

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

idrive e2

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

.\rclone mount IDRIVE:guinee Z: --vfs-cache-mode >= writes --log-file=mylogfile.txt --log-level DEBUG

Please run 'rclone config redacted' and share the full output. If you get command not found, please make sure to update rclone.

[IDRIVE]
type = s3
provider = IDrive
access_key_id = XXX
secret_access_key = XXX
acl = public-read
endpoint = h2t4.va.idrivee2-45.com
### Double check the config for sensitive info before posting publicly```

#### A log from the command that you were trying to run with the `-vv` flag  
<!-- You should use 3 backticks to begin and end your paste to make it readable.  Or use a service such as https://pastebin.com or https://gist.github.com/   -->

N/A

You can query VFS stats using rc interface and then use vfs/stats to get VFS status.

1 Like

Right, I could see where this would be the option with the lowest overhead. But, I would prefer a logfile or cli output for 'forensic' purposes. So, again, is there a line in the log that tells me a transfer is complete?

I could query the api at fixed intervals, I guess, to do the same thing.
But that seems... kludgy and not as accurate.

yes, just copy a single file, look at the rclone output.
foo: Copied (new)

if you want to capture text realtime, might try powershell Tee-Object

another option i have done, use python subprocess.run, capture stderr in real-time

1 Like

Thanks, will see if powershell works in a few hours

Assuming this works for both ul and dl?

copy a file and look at the output.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.