Weird Problem with Specific Path

I’ve been using rclone for a while, and it’s great. I’ve run across one really weird problem with one name on OneDrive for Business. To summarize:

rclone sync /source/Audio onedrive:/destination/Audio [Works fine]
rclone sync /source/Video onedrive:/destination/Video [Error*]
rclone sync /source/Video onedrive:/destination/video [Error*]
rclone sync /source/Video onedrive:/destination/Video2 [Works fine]
rclone sync /source/Video onedrive:/destination/Banana [Works fine]

*The error is ‘Failed to create file system for “onedrive:/destination/Video”: “Video”: is not a regular file’

Using ‘-vv’ the DEBUG output includes “Couldn’t decode error response: invalid character ‘{’ looking for beginning of object key string”

I thought there might be something odd about the target folder so I deleted it and recreated it. Same result.

I can upload via other means to the destination “Video” just fine (OneDrive client, website).

I tried creating the folder with another name (“DV”) and it worked just fine. However, when I renamed the folder from “DV” to “Video” it broke again with the same error. It seems to be very specific to the word “Video”, at least that’s the only word I’ve found so far.

DEBUG output:

2019/04/02 12:18:54 DEBUG : rclone: Version “v1.46” starting with parameters [“rclone” “–log-file=rclone.log” “-vv” “sync” “/data/archive/Video” “onedrive365:/Archive/Video”]
2019/04/02 12:18:54 DEBUG : Using config file from “/home/drbrynzo/.rclone.conf”
2019/04/02 12:18:56 DEBUG : Couldn’t decode error response: invalid character ‘{’ looking for beginning of object key string
2019/04/02 12:18:57 Failed to create file system for “onedrive365:/Archive/Video”: “Video”: is a not a regular file

What does your output show with “–dump-bodies”.

Quick extract of interesting looking block (entire log https://pastebin.com/NetZPjCJ)

“code”: “BadRequest”,^M

“message”: “The Path property ‘drives(‘b%21HKueqnUCp0iJrmY-gAqkfq2K80xbGatKtCPaIJYqKmF3BXcLYUMZT4Vy1oS0RTCK’)/items(‘016X2QXQNK5765IQXO4BHKVCTSQ2M7SOFB%3A’)/video’ of ODataMessageWriterSetting.ODataUri must end with the navigation property which the contained elements being written belong to.”,^M

“innerError”: {^M

“request-id”: “20a6da1c-35c4-41a4-92e8-ceeab71c57cd”,^M

“date”: “2019-04-02T19:46:56”^M

}^M

}^M

}^M

0^M

^M

2019/04/02 12:46:56 DEBUG : <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

2019/04/02 12:46:56 DEBUG : Couldn’t decode error response: invalid character ‘{’ looking for beginning of object key string

This looks similar.

I’d open a git issue with that dump. but try the latest beta first. as it may have been fixed already.

For grins, I tried my sync again just using “photo” instead of “Video” as the destination, and, yes, I get the same error. I’d say we’re barking up the same tree it appears.

Verified that it works (no error) with rclone v1.46.0-112-g1c301f9f-beta.

Would you still like a new git issue or is it considered fixed at this point? I don’t want to generate unnecessary noise if the change is committed.

No. The referenced issue above is fine. Glad it fixed your problem!

Indeed. Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.