Web GUI, error 500, mounts

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I get error 500 pop ups when I try to do many tasks, but in particular, I'm trying to create a mount.

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

I'm running in Docker so not sure how to run rclone version command. But under Backend I see
Arch: amd64
goVersion: go1.17.1
Rclone version: v1.56.2
This system is Open Media Vault.

Are you on the latest version of rclone? You can validate by checking the version listed here: Rclone downloads
--> No, but I've set the :latest flag, so not sure why it isn't at 1.57.0.

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive
Google Photos

Dropbox

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

It's via the GUI. I go to Mount > Create new mount > enter the Fs > click open > enter the Mount Point of /data/Temp/Mount > click create.  Then get this "Error creating mount Error: Request failed with status code 500"

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[GooglePhotos]
type = gphotos
read_only = true
token = **********

[Putio]
type = putio
token = **********

[Dropbox]
type = dropbox
token = **********

[LocalDisk]
type = local

A log from the command with the -vv flag

2022/01/18 01:53:34 mount FAILED: fusermount: exit status 1
2022/01/18 01:53:34 ERROR : rc: "mount/mount": error: fusermount: exit status 1
2022/01/18 01:53:42 mount helper error: fusermount: fuse device not found, try 'modprobe fuse' first
2022/01/18 01:53:42 mount FAILED: fusermount: exit status 1
2022/01/18 01:53:42 ERROR : rc: "mount/mount": error: fusermount: exit status 1
2022/01/18 01:58:31 mount helper error: fusermount: fuse device not found, try 'modprobe fuse' first
2022/01/18 01:58:31 mount FAILED: fusermount: exit status 1

That's telling you that fuse isn't installed to do a mount.

I'm not familiar with Open media vault though on how to install it and on top of that, you have a docker going on as well? Not sure but either OMV or the docker doesn't have fuse.

OMV is really just a frontend on top of Debian. I've checked and Debian has both fuse and libfuse2 installed and at the latest version.

Running 'modprobe fuse' from the command line returns nothing. Modprobe is installed and working.
Running 'modprobe fuse -D'
returns: insmod /lib/modules/5.10.0-0.bpo.9-amd64/kernel/fs/fuse/fuse.ko

You mentioned a docket as well so not sure what you did to install or set that up.

Can you share what steps you did?

I followed this tutorial How to set up RClone WebGUI server as a Docker Container

rclone:
    image: rclone/rclone:latest
    container_name: rclone
    restart: unless-stopped
    command: rcd --rc-web-gui --rc-addr :5572 --rc-user *** --rc-pass ***
    ports:
      - 5572:5572
    volumes:
      - ~/rclone:/config/rclone
      - ~/Logs/rclone:/logs
      - ~/Media:/data:shared
    environment:
      - PHP_TZ=America/Toronto
      - PUID=1000
      - PGID=100

You seem to be missing a chunk of the docker config to mount as I don't see the fuse stuff here. Reading through that post, it points back to the install in the docker part:

Install (rclone.org)

It gives an example of how to mount a volume via docker.

I personally don't use dockers as they overcomplicate for me if you are a standalone system, I don't see any benefit.

Ah ok good catch!
I tried what they suggested. It's made some progress. Initially /dev/fuse:/dev/fuse didn't work, giving the error

2022/01/18 20:42:41 mount helper error: fusermount: failed to open /dev/fuse: Operation not permitted
2022/01/18 20:42:41 mount FAILED: fusermount: exit status 1
2022/01/18 20:42:41 ERROR : rc: "mount/mount": error: fusermount: exit status 1

Running ls -l /dev/fuse returns crw-rw-rw- 1 root root 10, 229 Dec 4 18:21 /dev/fuse. I changed the group and ownership to docker/users, but still getting the permission issue above.

Yeah it definitely is an extra step. But I think the main benefit is that it's compartmentalized. If any container misbehaves, it's fenced off from the rest of the system. Worst case you can kill it cleanly.
But a major advantage for me is the flexible configuration options. Networking, devices, resource allocation, access restrictions, etc.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.