VFS Cache on Mount Not Updating

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I am seeing inconsistencies with VFS cache on a mount

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.58.1

• os/version: slackware 14.2+ (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 5.10.21-Unraid (x86_64)
  • os/type: linux
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.17.9
  • go/linking: static
  • go/tags: none

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Dropbox

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Rclone mount running on /mnt/disks/dropbox-mount/

root     62430     1  0 20:35 pts/2    00:00:00 /bin/bash /usr/sbin/rclone mount --config /mnt/user/appdata/rclone/rclone.conf --allow-other --timeout 10m --dir-cache-time 1h --poll-interval 15s --buffer-size 32M --vfs-read-chunk-size 256M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit 4G --vfs-cache-mode full --vfs-cache-max-age 336h --vfs-cache-max-size 100G --cache-dir=/mnt/user/local/rclone-cache --tpslimit 10 --log-file /root/logs/rclone-mount/dropbox-mount.log --read-only --dir-cache-time 1440h --rc --rc-addr=localhost:5572 Dropbox_Master: /mnt/disks/dropbox-mount/

rclone listing shows the directories but mount does not

root@Tower:~# rclone lsd Dropbox_Master:/Media/Movies/Movies-Cams --config /mnt/user/appdata/rclone/rclone.conf
          -1 2022-06-02 20:57:46        -1 Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)
          -1 2022-06-02 20:57:46        -1 Top Gun Maverick (2022)
root@Tower:~# ls -l /mnt/disks/dropbox-mount/Media/Movies/Movies-Cams/
total 0
root@Tower:~# rclone rc --rc-addr=localhost:5572 vfs/forget dir="/Media/Movies/Movies-Cams/"
{
	"forgotten": [
		"Media/Movies/Movies-Cams"
	]
}
root@Tower:~# ls -l /mnt/disks/dropbox-mount/Media/Movies/Movies-Cams/
total 0
root@Tower:~#

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[Dropbox_Master]
type = union
upstreams = Dropbox:/Plex Dropbox:/Plex-Personal

[Dropbox]
type = dropbox
token = {"access_token":"XXXXXXXXX","token_type":"bearer","refresh_token":"YYYYYYYY","expiry":"2022-06-02T22:55:44.699450002-04:00"}

It looks like the directory is there but there is nothing in it.

What does listing (with rclone) the individual branches of the union Dropbox:/Plex Dropbox:/Plex-Personal say?

It shows it has content. I added this above which uses the union:

root@Tower:~# rclone lsd Dropbox_Master:/Media/Movies/Movies-Cams --config /mnt/user/appdata/rclone/rclone.conf
          -1 2022-06-02 20:57:46        -1 Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)
          -1 2022-06-02 20:57:46        -1 Top Gun Maverick (2022)

Individual remotes that are part of the union also show correct results if I use rclone lsd. I stopped the mount, deleted the cache folder from disk and remounted which fixed the problem. My concern is that vfs/forget did not work.

It sounds like the union backend itself got confused somehow. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but if you can make it happen reliably then I can fix it!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.