Very slow performance when using rclone on windows to download from gdrive to unraid share (p:)

there is a unraid plugin for unraid.

For Rclonebrowser? Or just rclonemount? The only rclone plugins I see are docker containers for rclone and rclonemount

i have never used unraid, so i would post about that at the unraid forum,

you can run rclone mount same way you just ran rclone copy

Would rclone mount have any issues? unRAID uses multiple disks in a pool so my 5 disks show up as one disk, not sure if that would cause any issues for rclone downloading stuff

no issues; same as rclone copy did not have any issues.

Would you think it might be easier to just set up a linux vm and use rclonebrowser? I'm not fmailiar with rclone mount or where I should mount it in a linux filesystem or anything like that

that depends on you....

rclone does have some kind of gui, but i have never used it, never would, as it is Experimental

there is a docker for rclone browser, have you tried that?

Again, I see that rclonebrowser has a Linux version. But with how unraid works you can't (at least as far as I can tell) just "install" anything you want, since the OS is installed to a RAM disk on every boot.

best to learn about basic unraid usage and post such questions at the unraid forum.

I think I found the correct path to the share of my combined drives, and this command seems to be working

• rclone copy --progress --transfers=10 --checkers=8 "gdrive:" "/mnt/user/Media"

getting a rock steady 104-110MB/s now

great,
if you are not sure what a rclone command will do, you can use --dry-run

Yeah I've used the dry run a few times in the rclonebrowser GUI on Windows to make sure I don't double my data lmao.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.