Using pass with encrypted config with passwordstore

Let me think about this, I would really like to contribute by helping to make this easier. That is also why I went back and posted after trying a few other things. I think it would definitely help to for example include an explanation on how export and source work in regards to setting environment variables. I know this is probably basic but was not to me.

This

" An alternate means of supplying the password is to provide a script which will retrieve the password and print on standard output. This script should have a fully specified path name and not rely on any environment variables. The script is supplied either via --password-command="..." command line argument or via the RCLONE_PASSWORD_COMMAND environment variable."

Gave me the impression that I have to use a script together with the --password-command however it states nowhere that I can just use the argument purely with --password-command="pass rclone/config" which you might be able to figure out from the script example that is given but it just was not super obvious to me at first. It makes sense since the "script" is just passing this on but got me confused at first.

Those are my first thoughts.

I hope this makes sense, just assumimg if someone knows a whole lot less than you do :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.