Upload processes on each file?

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Moving files in an example using Thunar, Nautilus (doesn't matter) makes transfer pause for a while on the end of each file. I have 4 photos from WhatsApp. I copy them and throw into the mounted drive. It will start moving them fast until bytes hit 1.82MB (size of the first photo) and then write/upload begins. It takes about 2-3 seconds and then it continues. It is not a very small file friendly. If I have 10 photos which are around 2MB each it takes a longer time to upload than 500MB single file which accelerates its speed and processes the file for same 2-3 seconds once.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Debian Buster

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

What might be the magic trick? I have tried --vfs-cache-mode writes and I have played around with this: /t/issues-with-file-copys-pausing/11395

Is that possible to make it upload all of my crap in "buffer"/cache style like that I'm able to upload them "instantly" and use them served from local HDD if not finished the upload?

If you check out the new VFS beta here - it should solve that problem. Rclone will queue the writebacks and upload them after 5 seconds (by default).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.