Upload issue with .file(hidden file)

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I mounted my ftp server on my Android 10 smartphone, but uploading files such as .nomedia fails.

cachemode=minimal

log->
DRIVE/HDD/MEDIA/.nomedia: vfs cache: failed to transfer file from cache to remote: update getinfo : object not found
or
DRIVE/HDD/MEDIA/.nomedia : Failed to copy:update getinfo : object not found

I don't have to upload this file. This problem occurs in all files that start with . Please tell me how to exclude or upload this file properly.

rclone constantly tries to upload it. My smartphone already used 1TB of traffic. It also generates 100MB of logs.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone 1.53.0

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Android 10

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Asus router FTP

Use --exclude ".*" to exclude files starting with . and --exclude ".*/**" to exclude directories and their contents starting with .. I think you'll need both of those.

Is it adding to add_params in .global.param? Where should I use that code?

You are talking about the Magisk module, right? It is a third party tool, so you're unlikely to get much support for it here.

@ncw If I unterstood #2109 correctly, --exclude does not work this way with vfs. Maybe --ignore-errors?

Okay, thank you very much for your help.

Yes you are right - I missed the fact the OP was talking about rclone mount

@11115
Is it possible that your FTP server is hiding dotfiles? Because from your posted log messages, it looks rclone fails the post-upload LIST check (possibly here).

As you said, I modified the vsftpd.conf of my asus router (add force_dot_files=YES) and the error was resolved! Thank you very much.

The ENSURE EOF problem is left in the log, but no traffic occurs as before, according to the forum, it is estimated to be a 1.53 problem and a fake error. Is that right?

Thank you very much for your help ^^b

1 Like

Should be fixed, but the module is not yet updated.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.