Union: how to ensure files are distributed as equally as possible among remotes that make up the union

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

A question, not a problem: I have gone through the documentation for union, but I am having a hard time understanding how epall works in a scenario where I will be uploading data to a fully empty union made up of N number of remotes. According to the description, epall will "act on all upstreams where the relative path exists" when creating files. In a scenario where no relative path exists (because the remotes that make up the union are empty), where does rclone decide to create the new files? And perhaps more to the point: if I wanted to ensure that the remotes that make up the union are filled up equally (i.e. files are distributed as equally as possible among remotes that make up the union), what would be the best policy to select? Would that be one of the non-path preserving policies? Perhaps lus or mfs?

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.59.1
- os/version: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro (64 bit)
- os/kernel: 6.3.9600.20520 (x86_64)
- os/type: windows
- os/arch: amd64
- go/version: go1.18.5
- go/linking: static
- go/tags: cmount

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Storj

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone sync /dir union:

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[storj]
type = s3
provider = Storj
access_key_id = *************
secret_access_key = *******************
endpoint = *******

A log from the command with the -vv flag

N.A.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.