then Read and write will be this
0-100M16
100-300M
300-700M16
700-1200M
1200M-1700M*16
Until the 18G cache resources are used up, then continue to cache refresh

that's all,Is my understanding correct?
In addition,--vfs-read-ahead 10G and --vfs-cache-max-size 10G,What's the difference

--transfers is only used for uploads with --vfs-cache-mode writes and --vfs-cache-mode full

Probably using the --vfs-cache-max-size 10G is the best figure and ignore the --buffer-size.

That looks about right

No the reads will continue in that pattern. This pattern is independent of the cache settings.

--vfs-cache-max-size 10G that is the target maximum size of the cache.

--vfs-read-ahead 10G that is how much rclone is allowed to read ahead of where the user has got to in each file

thank you for your reply,But I still have some doubts:
1.Is vfs-cache-max-size and buffer-size conflict?
if i set --buffer-size 512M --vfs-read-ahead 10G --vfs-cache-max-size 10G,so --buffer-size 512M will be invalid?
2.in vfs-cache-mode full, What is the relationship between buffer-size 512M and transfers 16,Memory footprint =512M * 16 or not?
3.if --vfs-cache-mode full --vfs-read-ahead 10G --vfs-cache-max-size 20G -vfs-read-chunk-size 100M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit 500M,that's not use buffer-size,Is it all cached on the hard disk

Actually, I just want to find suitable emby playback parameters for my vps (1G+256G, 1G/S), but looking at the official explanation, I don’t know how the resource usage of'rclone mount' is calculated.

It's probably better to just leave defaults and see how things work out.

Buffer size is the amount of memory that is kept per file opened. So if you have 10 files opened, you'd use 5GB of memory.

The other settings are more specific to using full vfs cache mode.

I just use the default buffer size and many of the default settings. Your calc is only taking into account buffer size as the other things do use some memory as well.

Buffer size is always used it you specify it and files are read sequentially.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.