Understanding directory cache for a union remote

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Looks like i am having a hard time understanding how the dir-cache actually works, especially in combination with a union remote.

My unions have two upstreams, a local directory and a directory on a GD remote.

There is a union for each media type like tv-shows, movies, music, etc.

When an episode for a tv show is being grabbed, it will be placed into the local upstream for the tv show union and immediately appears when listing files at the tv shows union mount point.

At a given time, all local contents is moved over to the remote upstream and a vfs/forget command is being sent to the rc instance mounting the tv shows union. this method works perfectly.

Although everything is exactly configured the same way for my audiobooks, the behaviour is different. When a new audiobook is added to the local upstream of the audiobooks union, it doesn't immediately show up when listing the files at the audiobooks union mount point. The newly added content will only be available after sending a vfs/forget command to the rc instance mounting the audiobooks union.

As i said, union configuration and mount commands are similar for both media types and i don't understand why they show different behaviour.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.53.3

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Windows 10 64bit

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

GD

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

mount source: /destination/ --rc --rc-addr localhost:12345 --stats=0 
--checkers=16 --dir-cache-time 1000h --drive-chunk-size 32M -v 
--log-file logfile.log --vfs-read-chunk-size 128M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit off --drive-use-trash

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[gdrive]
type = drive
client_id = xxx
client_secret = xxx
token = {"access_token":"xxx"}
team_drive = 
root_folder_id = xxx

[gdrive_crypt]
type = crypt
remote = gdrive:Video/
filename_encryption = standard
password = xxx
password2 = xxx

[union1]
type = union
upstreams = remote/directory:nc local/directory
1 Like

Unfortunately, this is still not working for me as intended.

I have added the ```
--vfs-cache-poll-interval

and the ```
--poll-interval

just to see if they would have any effect here but they don't.

When i make changes toe the remote upstream part of the union, these changes will not appear on the union mount until i send a vfs/forget to the rc instance responsbile for this particular mount.

Am i missing something here?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.