Unable to upload to Gsuite as of a couple hours ago

I'm thinking of getting a Dropbox Business Advanced account. If anyone wants to split the 3 required accounts let me know.

I’ve been considering doing this… I might be interested. How would we go about migrating? I have a 1PB TD right now.

I might start over. You can use rclone on a vps to move them from gdrive to Dropbox but you'll be limited by the 10tb download per day. Which best case scenario would take 100 days.

same here re hetzner started yesterday : (

has anyone found out if this is just a hetzner ban?

and is it maybe temporary?

has anyone heard anything official? : (

Change DNS to cloudflare and it will work

5 Likes

As crazy as this sounds, I can confirm it works. I cannot imagine why this is happening. Seems like the Hetzner DNS is banned (I have the Hetzner DNS servers in my config).

1 Like

hello, could you explain the steps to change the DNS?

thank you very much

I can also confirm this works, just change your dns to cloudflare/google dns or any other dns then Hetzners will fix uploading

1 Like

For Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS

sudo vim /etc/netplan/01-netcfg.yaml 

update nameservers to 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8

nameservers:
        addresses:

then apply

sudo netplan apply 
3 Likes

Works for me cheers

Does not work for me. Hetzner aswell.

did you reboot?

I also rebooted, but did not help

weird....

i have to wait a few min to try it... but looks like everyone else on hetzner said this worked : (

Please be mindful, that if you change the DNS server and do not restart the according service (for e.g. RHEL and CentOS systemd-resolved) the change will not be applied. Additionally caching (of the DNS record) might be a factor as well. Rebooting should surely restart the services, but in terms of caching I cannot make a proper statement, as this greatly depends on your setup.

Are you actually sure you applied it in the correct place?
The exact procedure to change the DNS also greatly varies between the different operating systems (even between major versions of the same operating systems) and if you don't exactly know how to change it, I encourage you to google something along the lines of "Change DNS [your OS] [your OS major version]", e.g. Change DNS Debian 12.

I know, this sounds trivial to probably a lot of readers here, as they exactly know what they are doing, but please note that not everybody is proficient enough in Linux, hence my suggestion.

2 Likes

yea.. i'm one of the ones that is less proficient i guess haha...

using ubuntu 18.04 ... i tried unlocking changing the dns and locking again via the gui/network settings.... seemed to take but on reboot it was back to the old ones : (

been googling for an hour with no luck... every where people tell me to look for and edit file.. the file isnt there ahaha..

namely my "/etc/netplan/" dir is empty and has no yaml files...

any help would be appreciated as apparently i'm an idiot : ) : (

For Ubuntu 18.04 in Hetzner try editing this file:

sudo vi /etc/network/interfaces.d/50-cloud-init

Change the DNS server in there and reboot the machine. You will need to flush the DNS cache also by running after reboot:

sudo systemd-resolve --flush-caches

After my reboot and clearing my cache, I had to wait about 30 minutes before it worked, so I stopped all rclone copy/move jobs for that 30 mintues.

Let me know if that works...

1 Like

Nice solution, worked perfectly for me. Good spot on the DNS servers in Hetzner being the issue.

alas i dont have that file in that dir :frowning:

Is there any files in the /etc/network/interfaces.d/ directory?