Turning off encyption for a drive

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I'd like to turn off encyption

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.53.0-DEV

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.14.7

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

5.4.31-gentoo-

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

gdrive

Afternoon,

I've been using rclone with some success for a few days now, but i'm having a lot of issues with the speed of checks which seem to happen everytime a transfer happens, regardless of size.

On top of this, i now realise I'd like to see the files i'm transferring into gdrive as files themselves on grive and not encypted. Is there a simple way to just decrypt the drive and have that as standard now, or so i essentially have to make a new share and send the encrypted drive to that via crypt?

hello and welcome to the forum,

if you do not want rclone to check transfers, i think you can use https://rclone.org/docs/#ignore-checksum

you can copy files from the crypted remote to a non-crypted remote, rclone will decrypt during the copy process.

Basically the short version is you can’t just decrypt them in place where they are.

You would need to copy/move them using “rclone move crypt: remote: —maybe-some-flags-here”

Which is going to essentially download them from the crypted remote and then upload them to the new remote unencrypted.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.