Transfer file with compute off/ no internet

Could Rclone still successfully transfer my files from cloud to cloud if my internet or computer randomly turns off?

yes in general. rclone will skip anything what was already transferred and continue with not done stuff.

If you need more details you have to be also more specific.

1 Like

Okay, so pretty much if my internet or computer shuts off for the day, Rclone will still be transferring my files with no problem from one cloud server to the other

in most cases yes - you want detail you have to provide details too.

No, that is absolutely not the case.

If you are running a program / application on your computer and it goes off, the program or application also goes off.

Rclone doesn't magically run on a computer that is off.

hahaha... I give some credit to intelligence of people posting. I hope you are not right.

I'm not sure you are reading it the same way. I think the way the OP was asking was more if it 'fires' off something into the cloud and runs by itself.

I was stating that it runs solely on the computer running the command if that computer goes off, the transfer stops.

1 Like

I meant either my computer goes into hibernation from inactivity or if it shuts off from like dead battery

again if you want us not to speculate, provide exactly what you are doing - and somebody can provide some solid answers. Your question is very vague so answers too. And whatever happens with your transfers everybody will be right.

You’ve answered my question that was all I needed to know , I was just clarifying what I meant to the other guy who answered my question

It may be more advanced than you are looking for but those are great opportunities to learn! You can rent a VPS and use that to do the transfers. Not only is it likely much faster since it doesn't use your home internet, but it can keep on running all of the time.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.