Testers needed for bash completion especially on macOS

We’ve just been refreshing rclone’s bash completion so it can complete remote paths as well.

This works well on linux, though more testing would be good.

We haven’t found any macOS testers though - any volunteers? (@jrock ?)

See this issue for the beta: https://github.com/ncw/rclone/issues/1529#issuecomment-461197899

I’d like to merge this for the v1.46 release for the weekend so any testing before then is much appreciated!

Thanks

Dang, just noticed this. 1.46 just got released so I’m wondering if you still need help with this, at least for 1.47.

Me too! It is Chinese New Year holidays here in Asia, a very serious affair! Happy to test a bit on osx when I get back to home base late this week.

@AndyIbanezK @jrock
I put it in the 1.46 release as I thought it probably wouldn’t make things worse. If you had time to check, that would be great!

Hi @ncw,

My lastest backup server here is a Mac Pro running MacOSX High Sierra machine (long story).

I have rclone already installed (from the Brew repository) and running in it, but it’s being called almost all the time by restic instead of directly. But it would be my pleasure to help with any testing you need, should I just try calling rclone size and rclone copy etc on a few remotes and checking whether completion on subcommands and remotes expand ok, or do you need more?

Cheers,
– Durval.

That would be great. If you find a problem then please stick it in a new issue on github