Synology Update to DSM 7 . Fuse3 Fatal Error

and then you can try to run your task

so in your scheduler you should have line (sudo is not needed):

ash /volume1/docker/Rclone-Mount/config/rclone.sh

and your rclone.sh should contain:

modprobe fuse

/usr/bin/rclone mount Plex: /volume1/video/gdrive --config=/volume1/docker/Rclone-Mount/config/rclone.conf --allow-other --dir-cache-time 672h --vfs-cache-max-age 675h --vfs-read-chunk-size 64M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit 1G --rc --poll-interval=20s --buffer-size 32M

There is no need to add & at the end

ok i will test it

ok it seems to Work.

Thanks for your Help

the forum is full of example about docker.

yes, most kludges seem to work until it does not, your data is corrupted and you fail notice it until a month later, too late.
i tend to run paranoid , so in the end, i created a vm with ubuntu, ran rclone mount on that, not one of my synboxes.

Fully agree and indeed docker solution is more elegant and technically correct.

But in this particular case I use ln hack myself - I did a bit of research to understand risk and implications. And I feel my data is reasonably safe. rclone is only using fuse3 API which is the same as in fuse2 - hence it works. Yes it is hack - but not wild one.

my concern was that you offered the OP a one-line kludger with no context.
i simply offered the the OP that missing context, the post where i first shared sudo ln -s /bin/fusermount /bin/fusermount3

i posted to the fuse mailing list, the OP needs understand that the kludge is not supported.
"Even though this will often work, it is not a supported workaround."

so in my case, that is not an option.
on the flip side, ncw seems ok with it.

now, the OP has all the info needed to make an informed decision.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.