Sync from local to Sharepoint Online - activityLimitReached

Hi FritVetBE,

The above are all good ideas, each based on slightly different interpretations of your current situation.

The point is that it is almost impossible to give good specific advice without knowing the characteristics of your data at both source and destination, other usage of your OneDrive, and prior activity the past 24 hours.

Here are some additional things to be aware of:

• Throttling (also) happens at (both) instance and account level, so it may be triggered by other activities on your production system (e.g. hefty user activity)
  • Throttling seems to have a 24 hour memory, so it may also be caused by prior activity (e.g. prior load testing)
  • Creation/modification of many small files and folders will trigger throttling at low transfer rates (MiB/s). This is typical for folders used for software development e.g. my local Go and GitHub folders. This could be the situation you are seeing. Keep an eye on the number of transferred files and folders – not just the transfer speed in bytes.

I have tested OneDrive Personal throttling and found that throttling happens relatively quick if too many requests get queued up at OneDrive. My best advice is therefore to reduce both --checkers and --transfers and leave other tuning parameters at defaults.

In your case I would try keeping --transfers=2, adding --checkers=4 and removing --bwlimit, --onedrive-chunk-size, --fast-list, --tps-limit and --user-agent.

If this still throttles then reduce to --checkers=2 --transfers=1

If this still throttles then stop all activity for 24 hours and then try again.