Switches for rclone backup to Jottacloud

Hi

I have got so much help in this forum, thanks!

My backup to Jottacloud is now working on my Synology NAS.

My backup strategy is as follow.
All files on NAS i copy to cloud, no sync or delete in target

The command i run is simple

rclone copy /volume1/Dok/ NAS:Dok --log-file=LogDok.txt

This command works.

My question is:

Do you have a a recommendation for other switches i should consider?

M

You may get speed improvements by adjusting --transfers and --checkers, and possibly --buffer-size. It depends if your source is fast/slow disk, cpu/memory on computer, mix of small vs large files, ratio of new/changed vs existing files, etc.. You probably need to test out different values yourself. Not sure if there is some specifics of Jottacloud that make some settings more important than others. If anyone have more specific tips, I'm interested too..

for backups, might want forever forward incremental backups, which is what i do.

for example, each time this command is run,
files are not deleted from the dest instead files are moved to a subfolder folder named with the current date/time.

rclone sync /home/user01/source remote:full --backup-dir=remote:incrementals/`date +%Y%m%d.%I%M%S`

Thanks for answer

--backup-dir=remote:incrementals/date +%Y%m%d.%I%M%S

This is probably a good tip to other users, but for me with TB in files this will be too much to backup each day.

I need to keep it simple, some disadvantages but over all i know that all files are backed up.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.