Struggling with Drive and "Failed to create file system for...."

I’m trying to get up and running with rclone and Google Drive. I’ve successfully set up a remote using the auto-config tool, named “spd”, but trying to get a directory listing is failing for me. I’ve tried the following

➜  ~ rclone lsd spd:   
2018/09/25 18:18:53 Failed to create file system for "spd:": didn't find section in config file
➜  ~ rclone lsd spd 
2018/09/25 18:18:55 ERROR : : error listing: directory not found
2018/09/25 18:18:55 Failed to lsd: directory not found
➜  ~ rclone lsd spd:.
2018/09/25 18:18:58 Failed to create file system for "spd:.": didn't find section in config file
➜  ~ rclone lsd spd:/
2018/09/25 18:19:12 Failed to create file system for "spd:/": didn't find section in config file
➜  ~ rclone lsd "spd:/My Drive"
2018/09/25 18:19:18 Failed to create file system for "spd:/My Drive": didn't find section in config file

Other useful info:

cat /home/user/.config/rclone/rclone.conf
[spd]
client_id = 
client_secret = 
token = {"access_token":"blabla","token_type":"Bearer","refresh_token":"bla","expiry":"2018-09-25T18:48:32.273172257+02:00"}

I’m on latest Linux mint w/ ext4 home partition. I had previously installed the one from ubuntu, 1.3 something, and then manually upgraded to latest version. rclone version gives me:

rclone v1.43.1
- os/arch: linux/amd64
- go version: go1.11

Any help would be appreciated!

It looks like rclone isn’t finding your config file…

What does rclone config file print and what does rclone listremotes print?

Thanks for getting back to me.

Config and remotes were fine, but you gave me an idea.

➜ ~ rm /home/myuser/.config/rclone/rclone.conf

Turned out to be an error in the configuration process. I deleted the config file, reconfigured, and noticed that there was no type or scope set for my remote (a google drive remote). The previous time I ran the configuration (on 1.3x something), I ran into some troubles and perhaps it didn’t complete successfully. Now I have these additional lines in my config.

type = drive
scope = drive

Woo hoo! thanks for the help.

No probs! I should have noticed that type = drive was missing in your config - that was the cause of the problem I think.