Some rclone help

Im have setup rclone on debian with my gdrive, its working but i just want to see if i can do it different, im kind of new into linux so im on learning base.

My setup is

Name Type
==== ====
gdrive drive
media cache

[gdrive]
type = drive
client_id = xxx
client_secret = xxx
scope = drive
token = xxx

[media]
type = cache
remote = gdrive:media
chunk_size = 5M
info_age = 1d
chunk_total_size = 10G

and then i mount it with
rclone mount --allow-non-empty --allow-other --user-agent "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/70.0.3538.77 Safari/537.36" --cache-db-purge media: /home/znoopy/gdrive/ &

ok i know this isnt the best but it work for a start, so my question is how do i make it better and more smooth ?

What's the issue you are trying to solve now as is something not working?

You missed all the questions in the template too.

What version are running?

Hi, sorry.

Im using rclone for my media files for emby and plex
rclone v1.49.5-246-ga3a58578-beta

I get this problem now and then

2019/10/28 12:29:47 ERROR : tv/xxx/Season 01/xxx.mkv: (1558724608/3019137309) error (chunk not found 1557135360) response
or
2019/10/28 12:35:56 ERROR : tv/yyy/Season 05/yyy.mkv: unexpected conditions during reading. current position: 1157332992, current chunk position: 1153433600, current chunk size: 110592, offset: 3899392, chunk size: 5M, file size: 2566580727

2019/10/28 13:11:53 ERROR : tv/bbb/Season 01/bbb.mkv: ReadFileHandle.Read error: low level retry 1/10: unexpected EOF

and sometimes when server is rebooted the mounting wont work, i need to unmount it and redo it a few times before it stick

is there another way to do it ? do i need the cache ?

I do not use the cache backend.

That probably causes you problems too as it allows for multiple processes to be running and hide things by over mounting. I'd definitely remove that.

I'd probably remove the cache and just use the defaults minus adding in --allow-other and perhaps --dir-cache-time to a large value (100 hours or something).

Make sure you've created your own API key as well.

So if understand it right, i config rclone like

[gdrive]
type = drive
client_id = xxx
client_secret = xxx
scope = drive
token = xxx

then mount it with
rclone mount --allow-other --dir-cache-time 600m0s gdrive:media /home/znoopy/gdrive/ &

Instead of the &, you can use --daemon which will run it in the background.

thanks alot for the help! Everything start and runs alot smoother now

Have you changed the chunk-size during testing? These errors can indicate that you have old chunks of a different size still present and you did not delete your cache after changing size. If you need to do that you have to purge the old files to not confuse the cache and get these sorts of unexpected end-of-file errors.

The easiest way to do this is just to stop any rclone mounts, then delete the chunk folder. It will rebuild from scratch the next time you use your mount.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.