Some questions for totally noob

Hi there!
I get some help from Animosity022 what I thx very well just dont wanna ruin his thread so open up a new one because I still have some questions.

1. ExecStart=/usr/bin/rclone mount
    --config=/.config/rclone/rclone.conf
    --log-level INFO
    --log-file /logs/rclone.log
    --poll-interval 15s
    --timeout 1h
    --umask 002
    --user-agent animosityapp
    --dir-cache-time 48h
    --vfs-cache-mode full
    --vfs-read-chunk-size 32M
    --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit 2G
    --buffer-size 256M
    crypt: /drive/
  2. log file: pastebin link
    where empty spaces in log file there is movie name: removed from cache...just I dont want put there movie names :slight_smile:
  3. mine rclone config normal with own client id, and i mount my encrypted drive
  4. rclone v1.50.1
  • os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.13.4

So Im in a shared box without root so I can't install mergerfs. So when I started to using --vfs-cache-mode full then this lot of weird things come into the rclone.log (see the pastebin). Or, because I'm noob I dont know that is weird or not :smiley:
Im using Plex to watch the movies (if this info needed).
So if somebody see some wrong things in my settings don't hesitate to tell me the truth. Example --vfs-cache-poll-interval ? --vfs-cache-max-age ? --vfs-cache-max-size ? needed or not? And things like this what is no needed or missing.
Thank you!

What are you trying to accomplish?

That downloads the whole file before making it usable, which works great for certain things but would not work well for streaming as if you had a large movie, it would download all 50GB before starting to stream.

I trying to accomplish like your settings but I wrote many times I can't install mergerfs so I can't 100% do what you do :slight_smile: And of course want to no buffering plex and use almost the best setting to cache

So because the vfs cache mode in full this is why I have lot of strange cache things in my rclone.log? So its better to use writes?
I see in your settings there is no vfs cache but you use mergerfs at gmedia. But I read some of your posts here that you tried vfs cache and its faster then "normal" cache.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.