Slow scans after library expanded

@brvnogit - Try this for your read-only mount (batch file)

@echo off
title Rclone Mount READ ONLY
D:\Programs\Rclone\rclone mount --allow-other --attr-timeout 960h --buffer-size 128M --dir-cache-time 960h --poll-interval 10s --rc --read-only --timeout 1h -v Google_Drive_Crypt: G:
pause

Replace the directory with wherever your rclone.exe is, and also change the name of the drive to whatever you named yours. Then pick a drive letter (I use G:). Thanks to @Animosity022 for all the testing. This is as fast and reliable as it can be. Note the --rc, which is necessary to run the next batch file:

@echo off
title Rclone Prime
D:\Programs\Rclone\rclone rc vfs/refresh -v --fast-list recursive=true
pause

I now use this to prime the mount after I make changes to it (copy content). It is incredibly fast.

That's it. If there are no issues with the mount, and you don't feel like updating Rclone every day, this will keep it up and running for 960 hours. After that, the the cache expires, and you simply run the second batch file again. Feel free to change 960h to whatever. In the end it doesn't matter much, because priming is so damn fast now.

Hope that all makes sense :smiley:

update:

So right now I'm using this mount config (took some lines from animosity22's github page):
rclone.exe mount crypt: V: --allow-other --read-only --allow-non-empty --log-level INFO --attr-timeout 1000h --buffer-size 32M --dir-cache-time 1000h --poll-interval 15s --timeout 1h --rc --rc-addr 127.0.0.1:5572 --rc-serve --rc-web-gui --rc-no-auth --fast-list

I never thought rclone would have webgui and I'm also enjoying using it. Looks pretty cool so far. I'm excited to see what else is added to it.

After mouting, I used ran "rclone rc vfs/refresh recursive=true". 4-5 minutes and done. Ran Plex scan. Pretty fast. Plex playback also good and fast.

I'm letting this run for like a week and see how it goes. So far so good.

I̶'̶m̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶a̶s̶k̶ ̶s̶c̶h̶e̶d̶u̶l̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶.̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶t̶r̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶c̶h̶e̶d̶u̶l̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶r̶u̶n̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶r̶e̶s̶h̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶m̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶d̶a̶y̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶T̶a̶s̶k̶ ̶S̶c̶h̶e̶d̶u̶l̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶l̶e̶m̶a̶t̶i̶c̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶.̶
Edit: Added the "rclone rc vfs/refresh recursive=true" to a scheduled task so it runs every day at midnight.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.