Shared drive, consistently getting banned after a couple of hours

Google API requests that I'm sending.

Images of my service and RClone config files:

I'm sharing a Google drive with a friend, I've created my own OAuth client and secret(External, can't use Internal without being a Workspace user). But every night after a couple of hours it gets banned. Any ideas why or how to fix it?

hello and welcome to the forum,

it would be helpful to post the debug log, but not as a hard to read screenshot.
so we can see the exact messages from google.

not a gdrive expert, but it is common with shared drives, to run hit certain api limits, most of which are undocumented.
as far as i know, you have to wait up to 24 hours, before google resets your account.

Thank you for the welcome!

I'm not sure where the log file is, if I'm honest. Yeah I know, I have to wait 24 hours. I'm just not sure why I'm getting banned in the first place when I'm well under the limit of API calls, and so is the person I'm sharing from.

You aren't getting banned.

There's a difference with the API limits / quotas and upload/download quotas.

Google has a huge API quota for each day that is virtually impossible to hit. You can see that via the Google Admin Console in the quota page. You can ignore that for the most part. The screenshots you've posted have nothing do with the upload/download quotas.

The upload/download quotas are not well documented minus the daily 750GB upload quota. Downloads are not documented so it's a bit of guess work on your part to figure out what's going on.

You didn't share any of the template information so trying to figure out what version are you would be helpful.

There isn't a log file so I can only assume you got a download quota exceeded message which means there is nothing to do but wait for the reset.

There's no way to fix it. Download less per day or per file as since it's not documented, it's impossible to say do "x" to prevent this.

Google Support will tell you nothing on what trigger your quota usage error.

Thank you for the detailed response.

That makes sense. I'm not uploading anything to the drive so I know the upload quota isn't the problem. I'm just trying to stream content from the Drive to my Plex account, so I'm guessing I hit a download limit quote even though I didn't stream for more than 1+ hour.

version
Is my current version of RClone, if that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.