Share Drive folder as rclone config

I want a friend to upload to a Google Drive folder of mine without giving him my login data. Is it possible to give him a rclone config which enables him to upload only to this folder?
He cannot upload the files to this folder by himself, since he has not enough storage for it. But I do.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.53.0-DEV

• os/arch: darwin/amd64

• go version: go1.15

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

macOS Mojave

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

Not really the answer to your question, but why not just create a shared drive and give him access to that?

The files he wants to upload are quite big and Google counts files uploaded to shared drives against your storage limits. So he cannot upload them like that.
I have unlimited storage, he only has the default limit.

Are you sure.

I have a shared drive in my gsuite account that is shared with my personal google account, that shows a limit of 17 GB

I have just uploaded 20 GB to that shared drive.

And the storage amount in my personal account has not changed.

Yes, my friend tried to upload the files but his storage was quickly used up. Google support also confirms that behaviour.
You can only share your own storage with a family account.

Oh well, not sure why I am not seeing the same with my personal google account.

Have just uploaded another 48GB file to the shared drive and still no additional usage being shown in google drive when logged in with my personal account.

It is like that for my friend and it seems to be like that for most people. Idk why its different for you.
Edit: Tested it with my personal account and I get the same error message that my storage is full and that I cannot upload to the shared drive.
What are your settings for uploading the files?

No, once he has the rclone.conf, it's all or not.

The Team Drive was created when logged with my gSuite account and my personal account was added to the shared drive

(It was a while ago that I setup the rclone remote for my personal account. and had to reauth yesterday)

I created a client_id and client_secret for my personal google account, logging into the google developers site with my personal account.

and then just created a remote in rclone, which looks like this

[blim]
type = drive
client_id = CLIENTID.apps.googleusercontent.com
client_secret = sEcrEt_
scope = drive
server_side_across_configs = true
token = {"access_token":"myaccesstoken","token_type":"Bearer","refresh_token":"refreshtoken"
team_drive = 0APPPPPPPPPPPPPA

and then yesterday just copied a 48GB like this:

rclone copy -vv -P bigfile.mkv blim:Uploads/

and in drive for my personal google account I see this:

Screenshot 2020-11-04 at 13.35.29

And all the stuff I uploaded to check:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.