Setting up RClone mount on Ubuntu. A little steer greatly appreciated

I can’t tell what’s missing if you can’t get the whole command pasted in unfortunately as my mental powers aren’t that good :slight_smile:

I’m not sure what advice to give to paste it in though. I’m just doing a copy and paste from my terminal and use the triple ` to make it a code block.

● rclone.service - RClone Service
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/rclone.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sat 2018-12-22 02:57:15 CET; 3min 31s ago
Process: 16616 ExecStart=/usr/bin/rclone mount gdrive:/The Skull /home/craftyclown/Skull --allow-other --bind 148.251.191.194 --buffer-size 256M --dir-cache-time 72h --drive-chunk-size 32M --log-level INFO --log-file /home/craftyclown/logs/rclone.log --umask 002 --vfs-read-chunk-size 128M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit off --rc (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Main PID: 16616 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Dec 22 02:57:15 Ubuntu-1810-cosmic-64-minimal systemd[1]: rclone.service: Service RestartSec=100ms expired, scheduling restart.
Dec 22 02:57:15 Ubuntu-1810-cosmic-64-minimal systemd[1]: rclone.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5.
Dec 22 02:57:15 Ubuntu-1810-cosmic-64-minimal systemd[1]: Stopped RClone Service.
Dec 22 02:57:15 Ubuntu-1810-cosmic-64-minimal systemd[1]: rclone.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Dec 22 02:57:15 Ubuntu-1810-cosmic-64-minimal systemd[1]: rclone.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.
Dec 22 02:57:15 Ubuntu-1810-cosmic-64-minimal systemd[1]: Failed to start RClone Service.

Try to take the ExecStart after the = and copy/paste that into a terminal window and see what the error is.

Hmmm, no error and it mounted fine

So do I take that means the execution is fine, but something else on the script is wrong? Is there a way for me to troubleshoot this? Or an alternative way to auto start the service?

Can you paste the whole file in?

[Unit]
Description=RClone Service

[Service]
Type=notify
Environment=RCLONE_CONFIG=//home/craftyclown/.config/rclone/rclone.conf
ExecStart=/usr/bin/rclone mount "gdrive:/The Skull" /home/craftyclown/Skull \
   --allow-other \
   --bind 148.251.191.194 \
   --buffer-size 256M \
   --dir-cache-time 72h \
   --drive-chunk-size 32M \
   --log-level INFO \
   --log-file /home/craftyclown/logs/rclone.log \
   --umask 002 \
   --vfs-read-chunk-size 128M \
   --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit off \
   --rc
ExecStop=/bin/fusermount -uz /GD
Restart=on-failure
User=craftyclown
Group=craftyclown

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Does that directory exist?

You need to change your fusermount to your mountpoing as it’s /GD

Yes /home/craftyclown/logs exists

Sorry could you elaborate on the fusermount bit?

Like this

ExecStop=/bin/fusermount -uz /home/craftyclown/Skull

Nope, that wasn’t it :frowning:

Ha! I worked it out myself.

I needed to add ‘user_allow_other’ in fuse.conf to get it working.

I know this is basic stuff but I feel like a small child whose just learnt his two times tables :smiley:

Baby steps

That’s confusing as it should not mount from the command line if that wasn’t there already, but happy you got it working.

Yeah, I’m not going to lie, I do have concerns that I’ve fudged up my entire install with my efforts to get things working right.
I’ve had issues setting up Deluge as well and to top it off my root login doesn’t work anymore either. No idea what I’ve done :frowning:

It’s all part of the learning process. I’ve broken many an install and system to get this far. I wouldn’t worry too much. I try to document what I do so I can recreate things step by step.

I may have spoken a little too soon. The script works but it’s not being automatically looked at system start.

Any thoughts on why that might be?

systemctl enable rclone

That did it, thanks once more :smiley:

You are just about a Linux expert now :slight_smile:

Nice sticking with it as it’s not the funniest.

Ha ha, believe it or not I’m quite enjoying the learning process. There’s a definite sense of satisfaction when you start working out how it all goes together.

I now have a system with Plex, deluge and Rclone working well, I just have to get Sonarr, Radarr and Syncthing going now, that and setting up some symlinks.

I feel like I’ve broken the back of it now at least. Hopefully not famous last words :smiley: