Serverside sync: User rate limit exceeded?

I'm having issues cloning between two teams drives. Verbose output reports this:

2020-01-03 07:36:53 DEBUG : pacer: low level retry 1/10 (error googleapi: Error 403: User Rate Limit Exceeded. Rate of requests for user exceed configured project quota. You may consider re-evaluating expected per-user traffic to the API and adjust project quota limits accordingly. You may monitor aggregate quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/drive.googleapis.com/quotas?project=xxxxxxx, userRateLimitExceeded)
2020-01-03 07:36:53 DEBUG : pacer: Rate limited, increasing sleep to 1.06150307s
2020-01-03 07:36:53 DEBUG : pacer: low level retry 1/10 (error googleapi: Error 403: User Rate Limit Exceeded. Rate of requests for user exceed configured project quota. You may consider re-evaluating expected per-user traffic to the API and adjust project quota limits accordingly. You may monitor aggregate quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/drive.googleapis.com/quotas?project=xxxxxxx, userRateLimitExceeded)
2020-01-03 07:36:53 DEBUG : pacer: Rate limited, increasing sleep to 2.804487611s
2020-01-03 07:36:53 DEBUG : pacer: Reducing sleep to 0s
2020-01-03 07:36:56 DEBUG : pacer: low level retry 1/10 (error googleapi: Error 403: User Rate Limit Exceeded. Rate of requests for user exceed configured project quota. You may consider re-evaluating expected per-user traffic to the API and adjust project quota limits accordingly. You may monitor aggregate quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/drive.googleapis.com/quotas?project=xxxxxxx, userRateLimitExceeded)
2020-01-03 07:36:56 DEBUG : pacer: Rate limited, increasing sleep to 1.222068826s
2020-01-03 07:36:56 DEBUG : pacer: Reducing sleep to 0s

...although tthe quota has not been exceded and othe roperations (mount, create items from rclonebrowser) work perfectly.
The destination is brand new: Just created it and granted access, and did the usual first checks: See if I can create a folder, etc... and it seems to work.
I then tried downloading a single file from the origin drive and no issue (so seems like it's not complaining on the origin location)
I tried no-serverside clone and still got the same issue.

Oh, here's the command I used:

rclone sync GTDrive1: GTDrive2: -P --track-renames --drive-server-side-across-configs

rclone version 1.50.2

Cloud storage is teams drive

UPDATE: Removing "--track-renames" seems to get rid of the error but now I get a ton of "file not found" errors.... "(retrying may help)" - and no files are getting copied

UPDATE2: Stupid me was not adding permissions from one account to the other... probably --track-renames will work as well....

Some retries on rate limit are normal - they will get retried 10 times and produce an ERROR message if there is a problem.

File not found is the symptom of a permissions error on drive so I think you are on the right track!

1 Like

Yeah! That was the issue! Forgot to give correct permissions, now seems to be working!
One question, though: I'm transferring files between teams accounts: There's a daily 750Gb transfer limit that gets reached ion less than 5 minutes.
Rclone seems to keep retrying constantly: What's the best practice here? Leave it retrying until the restriction gets reset in 24 hours or cancel rclone and manually retry in 24 hours? - I don't want to upset the API

I would use max transfers and set that to 750GB if you want to use it all and just run it once a day.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.