Scheduled Upload & Resume

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

No problem as yet. Question is about available features.

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.50.2

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.13.6
No command run as yet. Checking on feature.

Hi to everyone. Here's what I'm trying to find out and accomplish. Usage of rClone was suggested by OpenDrive staff - so I hopped over here to check on what can be done.

I have a NextCloud local box that is going to be uploading maybe 800GB of data between 6 users. I want the process to be run only after hours to not interfere with daily usage - so between 10PM and 6AM.

Is this possible? And will it resume from where it left off? How will it handle files that may be modified outside of the upload/sync time? So let's say....the overall process is at 30%. It stops at the end of that period and 5-10 files have been updates/modified. Will it then resume with uploading the modified files first? How will it handle that kind of situation?

I've not yet created any scheduled task (CRON jobs I assume) to get this done. All of it will be done "fresh" after I resolve another issue with NextCloud first. Had another backup from the available NextCloud apps running and it ate all the space on the drive - broke the install - trying to fix - may have to just reinstall everything. Will rClone use any temporary backup space to upload the files? How is that handled as well?

Hopefully that's enough information. Thanks in advance.

hello and welcome to the forum,

--- that version of rclone is years old, latest stable is v1.58.0
--- rclone sync/copy - once a source file has been copied to dest, rclone will not re-upload that file.
if the source file is modified, then next time rclone is run, rclone will copy that file to dest.
--- rclone will not use any temporary backup space.
--- can use --bwlimit to tweak upload/download speeds on a schedule.
-- best to test using --dry-run

Scrubbed the box and did it over. Updated rClone now.

rclone v1.58.0
- os/version: ubuntu 20.04 (64 bit)
- os/kernel: 5.4.0-109-generic (x86_64)
- os/type: linux
- os/arch: amd64
- go/version: go1.17.8
- go/linking: static
- go/tags: none

Will set an upload speed limit on it for now. Increase it after. Also need to make notes on this. I assume the web GUI in the newer version should work better right? I'll test it out and see. Just need to have files synced by all users again before starting.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.