Sanity check large dropbox -> box copy

shouldn't --files-from / --files-from-raw process line by line ? (especially --files-from-raw) I decided to do a ls for my source dropbox and sorted by size for the larger files first, and it sure looks like --files-from-raw is doing it's own thing from the list? does that make sense?

EDIT: I started searching and I guess it has to do with having > 1 checkers - so is there a reasonable way to do transfers by size (besides having transfers = 1?) thnx

It depends on the whether you are using --no-traverse I think. From the docs

Rclone commands with a --files-from flag traverse the remote, treating the names in --files-from as a set of filters.

If the --no-traverse and --files-from flags are used together an rclone command does not traverse the remote. Instead it addresses each path/file named in the file individually. For each path/file name, that requires typically 1 API call. This can be efficient for a short --files-from list and a remote containing many files.

Do you mean transfer the small/large ones first? If so then checkout --order-by

1 Like

ohh never used that, will see how that works with just files-from - thanks

while it's hardly linear (since the way transfers/checkers works) def bias towards larger files going first!

EDIT: set max backlog to match the number of files in the diff file and working well!!

1 Like

If you want perfect ordering then --check-first is your flag! That makes the backlog infinite potentially so use if appropriate.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.