Retrieving hidden files from Backblaze B2

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Listing and retrieving hidden files from Backblaze B2

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.51.0

• os/arch: darwin/amd64
  • go version: go1.13.7

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

MacOS 10.15

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Backblaze

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone ls : --b2-versions

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

The output lists just the existing files, not the hidden files.

Hello, everyone!

Recently I have synchronized a local folder to Backblaze B2 and, unfortunately, I have synchronized it in an incorrect location. As I ran the sync command, the existing contents were removed from Backblaze. After investigating the RClone B2 page, I have seen that the b2-hard-delete is hiding the files, by default.

I want to retrieve a folder that was hidden on B2, but I don't know how to display the hidden files using RClone. Is there a page which details the listing and retrieval of files which are hidden on B2?

This is the secton of in the docs about versions

https://rclone.org/b2/#versions

Did you use --b2-hard-delete? If you did then rclone won't have made versions. If you did not then using --b2-versions should show the old versions.

Can you see the old versions on the b2 web interface?

No, I haven't used --b2-hard-delete, but I can't see the old files, neither by listing them from the console (rs ls b2: --b2-versions) nor in the web interface.

Any other advices / ways in which I could try?

Can you check your config too to see what the value of hard_delete is if it is set? rclone config show remoteName

The only thing I can think of is make sure you are looking in the right bucket / path.

Thank you for recommending me the rclone config show remoteName command. Indeed... the hard_delete flag was set to true. Either I set it to 'true' when I configured the remote, or it was a bug? I presume the first possibility is higher.

:frowning:

It isn't the default, and you would have to edit the advanced config to set it.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.