Renames without transfers first

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Trying to sync between two drive that has some directory change so i need use track rename but i need file to rename first without transfers to avoid limit per day (750gb).I need recommend command what is suitable

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

/r rclone sync azsm_prn: pc25: --transfers=2 --bwlimit 45M -P --track-renames --track-renames-strategy modtime,leaf --max-transfer 600G

rclone-v1.56.0-windows-amd64

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Paste command here

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

Paste config here

A log from the command with the -vv flag

Paste  log here

I'm not sure what you want to happen.

You'd have to share an example.

Using something like source:filea and you want destination:filea

What is do you want to happen?

i want rclone to complete rename first before copy.right now it kind it do both at same time,i dont want it consume my quota before moving/rename finish

Still not sure what you mean.

It would be helpful with the steps and a use case.

idont know how to simplify this. i want rclone to complete rename aka moving file according to main structure of 1st drive without transfering data 1st so i will not hit quota limit. if quota reach limit,i will never know which folder is complete or not. i want make sure drive directory is same before it sync.

Try using the -i flag, and skip all the copies, but allow all the renames - that might work.

forgot about this,tq so much

1 Like

I legit still have zero idea what the use case or flow for this question is. Are you able to share an example flow with a single file?

i want sync A with B,i make change(rename or change directory) in A so i need to use track rename command where there will B dir move according to A without me to upload n download again.And also i upload file in A. So when i sync there will be copy data n rename/move file n folder n there run both simultaneosly. if i hit google drive quota i cant know which folder is complete rename or not. Because rename dont use quota,i want i finish 1st before copy the data.U can say just wait another day but i still want it rename 1st so i know which folder need copy/sync so i can break it down from folder to folder

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.