Rename files on gdrive with Filebot

This is just a genral question about rclone and gdrive

I have my files on gdrive with mergerfs, and i would like to name my file differently now. and will use Filebot as Sonarr, don't handle .srt very well when renaming :frowning:

So i wanted to hear if i his any limit / api limit when using filebot directly on the gdrive?

hello and welcome to the forum,

@VBB uses filebot

Using filebot with Gdrive shouldn't be a problem, but I only ever use it randomly on a show here and there. I never mass-rename stuff when it's already in the cloud. You will notice a significant delay as well, unless you use some form of Rclone cache.

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

Sorry for the late reply on what you mean :-/

So it wouldn't be a problem to rename on gdrive. - great

what do you mean by, 'significant delay' unless i have a rclone cache i have this : https://i.imgur.com/yx0IqnV.png

If you plan on renaming sporadically, not a problem. Mass-renaming on the remote is possible, but it will be slower than doing so locally. I have no experience with any form of Rclone cache, so I can't really say if it would be much faster. I'd think it is, but best to try for yourself.

Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.