Rcloning cyrillic folders\files via a backup script (SOLVED)

Hello. I was wondering if someone could help me out with my problem.

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I'm trying to use the rclone script to sync directories from my mapped windows network drive (10.41.X.X\00_edu\ to google drive. I can rclone stuff (english folder names) just fine but but I can't make this script work with cyrillic folder names.

here is the script https://pastebin.com/zM4XUzt1

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.48.0

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

win7

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

google drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone sync Z:\test\ gdrive:/BACKUP/

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

The script log
https://pastebin.com/ZhhZuMqE (it looks like it can't find folders if they use cyrillic names

And this is how it looks when running it

• Z:\╨и╨Р╨С╨Ы╨Ю╨Э╨л -> ucenter:/00_EDU/╨и╨Р╨С╨Ы╨Ю╨Э╨л
    2019/08/08 13:45:38 DEBUG : Set default for "log-level" from "RCLONE_LOG_LEVEL"
    to "DEBUG" (DEBUG)
    0 / 0 Bytes, -, 0 Bytes/s, ETA -

Thank you.

What encoding are you using? rclone works with utf-8 only which is normally just fine with Windows.

Your file names look odd to me like this so the encoding looks a bit strange somehow.

The error appears to be reading the source directory

2019/08/08 13:37:03 ERROR : : error reading source directory: directory not found

If you do rclone lsf "Z:\╨и╨Р╨С╨Ы╨Ю╨Э╨л" does it work? I'm guessing not.

If you do rclone lsf "Z:\" do you see the ╨и╨Р╨С╨Ы╨Ю╨Э╨л directory? Can you cut and paste the directory name as rclone sees it?

How about rclone ls --include "/╨и╨Р╨С╨Ы╨Ю╨Э╨л/**" Z:\ - does that list the folder contents?

Russian cyrillic names? Batch writen by window's notepad? Try add command "chcp 1251" to begin of batch file.

ncw

What encoding are you using

UTF-8

If you do rclone lsf "Z:\╨и╨Р╨С╨Ы╨Ю╨Э╨л" does it work? I'm guessing not.

Nope, it doesn't.

If you do rclone lsf "Z:\" do you see the ╨и╨Р╨С╨Ы╨Ю╨Э╨л directory? Can you cut and paste the directory name as rclone sees it?

https://pastebin.com/bPk5ACBY

If I run an rclone command in cmd, say, rclone sync Z:/ШАБЛОНЫ gdrive:/BACKUP then it rclones it successfully.

How about rclone ls --include "/╨и╨Р╨С╨Ы╨Ю╨Э╨л/**" Z:\ - does that list the folder contents?

nah.

igor_andreev

Batch writen by window's notepad?

We,, it was not written by me :wink: , I downloaded it from the internet, it had utf-8 encoding. I opened it in notepad++(utf-8) to edit it. I also tried to edit it in Atom and trying different encodings :wink:

Try add command "chcp 1251"

I did try it back then. It didn't help at all. I also tried changing encoding of the script in notepad++\Atom.

I don't see that filename in the listing ╨и╨Р╨С╨Ы╨Ю╨Э╨л - do you? That is why rclone can't find it.

Good!

So this is just a problem with bat files? Have you tried adding chcp 65001 in your bat file to set it to utf-8?

Thanx it has helped.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.